Roseanne slams 'Nazi' Israel

Zippo

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 02:04 pm
Roseanne Barr has described Israel as "a Nazi state" for its conflict with Palestine.

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/08/41/160x120_roseanne_barr.jpg

The comedian, who is Jewish, has used her radio show and blog to criticise the country's decision to attack the Gaza strip.

"Israel is a Nazi state. The Jewish Soul is being tortured in Israel. The destruction of the Jews in Israel has been assured with this inhuman attack on civilians in Gaza," she wrote on her website.

However, the former sitcom actress has since retracted her remarks and claimed to be pro-Israel.

"I am going to shut up now. Forever, perhaps. I cannot take the hatred that I feel from people, I cannot bear the weight of it, but yet I could not bear the weight of my own silence. I renounce all vows to anything but the most high creator," she wrote.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a141129/roseanne-slams-nazi-israel.html
===========

She is correct! ... I like her Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 420 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:50 am
Politics and religion.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:10 am
It seems that a lot of people retract their criticism of Israel. The Israelis must have a group of thugs that make the mafia seem small fry.
The Commedienne made some heart felt remarks. Many of us are moved by the barbarity of the slaughter.
It is difficult to understand how jews, who know about persecution, choose to persecute others. The logic of killing people of the same nation as those who attacked you is Nazi, as is collective punishments.
I can understand people being shamed by their own silence. I think the people who have persecuted this poor but well meaning commedienne should be ashamed of themselves. You can't turn a wrong into a right by silencing people.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Roseanne slams 'Nazi' Israel
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:42:21