Compassion & Choices new blog "The Voice for Choice"

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:38 am
Compassion & Choices is excited to introduce our new blog called The Voice for Choice. The blog is a gathering place for individuals to learn more about issues from around the nation involving aid-in-dying.

Readers can actively engage with or issues"sharing stories, experiences and ideas. Please click here to visit the blog.

http://zoommakesitzoom.com/blog/

Let us know you’ve been there by leaving comments.

Our most recent blog posting, “New HHS “conscience” rule jeopardizes end-of-life pain care,” written by Compassion & Choices’ President, Barbara Coombs Lee, will be of great interest to you. As you will read on our blog, the Bush administration, hurrying to cement its social agenda in place before leaving town, adopted a most meddlesome, dangerous rule at Health and Human Services.

The proposed “conscience” rule is scheduled to take effect on January 19, 2009. Congress and President-elect Obama have separate and distinct options to prevent implementation of this rule. Click here to read the full post and to take action today.

Thank you for your continued support of choice at the end of life. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Beven Byrnes
Communications Director
Compassion & Choices
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 586 • Replies: 1
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:58 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I can't quite put my finger on it but something about this article really bothers me.

I twice voted in favor of Oregon's Death with Dignity act, I believe in the law. But I also think a doctor has the right to opt out of participating in the process. I do think they should be required to refer the patient to a doctor if they want to opt out. Of course, time is not critical in these situations because the evaluation and mental competency requirements.

But something about this article also rings my alarms about organ donation protocols. I'm going to have to reread the article when I have time to really read it.
0 Replies