Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize.

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 09:27 pm
I was never a big fan of Cracker Jax so I never got into the whole "prize" aspect of it when I was a kid.

Then, when I was in my 20s (this would have been in the 80s) I had a friend who one day wore to work a necklace made of all the Cracker Jax prizes she had saved from when she was a kid.

They were amazing!

I immediately went out and bought a box and my prize was some cruddy, temporary tattoo.

As I understand it, Cracker Jax no longer even puts peanuts into the mix. Are the prizes still there?

Anyway...

If you are above a "certain age" you might remember the toys that my friend made into a necklace.

What was the coolest Cracker Jax toy that you remember?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 719 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 09:37 pm
I have been having Cracker Jacks my whole life. They are by a different company these days. It seems the last ones I had had a very few peanuts. The prizes these days are paper and not worth checking out. When I was a kid they gave plastic toys more than anything else.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:08 pm
I ate alot of Crackerjax but can't recall any of the prizes being any more than plastic monkeys with curly tails and those crudy tattoos but I do remember the peanuts. I savored those peanuts and would pick them out and eat them after I'd eaten the popcorn.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:21 pm
@boomerang,
There are whole sites devoted to Cracker Jack toys. This is from an image search:
http://debrajean.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/crackjack2.jpg.w300h225.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:23 pm
Apparently, making jewelry from the toys is popular:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Wo54fIdkfyw/R1Ww1w9ZifI/AAAAAAAAAhE/2TFr0nKy160/s400/Cracker+Jack+bracelets+001.jpg
eoe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:05 pm
@Green Witch,
That's adorable.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:14 pm
I craved cracker jacks when I was pregnant.

Yeah I remember those plastic toys - I still eat them today - not too long ago, they had a serious of old baseball players (small cards) in the box. That one was cool - I might even have some in my desk drawer.
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:18 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I craved cracker jacks when I was pregnant.

Yeah I remember those plastic toys - I still eat them today

weird craving Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:22 pm
wow, I would have given you all my peanuts eoe, I didn't like them.

loved the carmel coated popcorn though.

yeah, the plastic prizes....loved 'em.

When my brother got engaged....

He carefully opened a box of cracker jacks with steam and a razor, slit open the paper prize bag, and put the engagement ring in there. She always liked opening the prize.

He said he was sweating bullets because they were sharing the cracker jacks while watching a video, his girlfriend was eating all around the prize like she didn't care. He said (trying to be casual) what's the prize?

she was like "I dunno, you open it"

Finally though she cooperated.
eoe

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:49 pm
@chai2,
That's a great story.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Candy coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:23:07