Alloy Wheels Loosing Air

curtis73

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 12:59 pm
@hamburger,
As someone who lives in the Sharbot Lake, ON area in the summer, I can give a hearty +1 to hamburger's assessment of the roads up there Smile

When they repave rural roads up there, they just patch holes and resurface them with an oil byproduct slurry and crushed stone. Very environmentally friendly, but not that durable or tractive. Every year when I go up there I think, "they have to have repaved Princess street by now... but they never do Smile

I'm in a similar quandry down here. I just moved to Austin TX from Los Angeles. I grew up in PA, spent three years in Evansville IN, and lots of time in all 50 states and 6 provinces. Having just moved to TX, the roads are what I call slimy. They look like normal hot mix asphalt, but they are just slimy. I have Toyo Proxes T1R tires on my car that stick like glue in every other state, but it's darn near dangerous getting on the interstate down here. Its frustrating that not only can I not use the power I have, I have to treat driving like its wet out all the time. My wife is laughing at the fact that her old Mercedes diesel can break the tires loose on this stuff.

Anyone else notice TX roads are slimy?

My point is, the road surfaces between geographic regions is so widely different that its tough to educate everyone about it. 90% of drivers on the road have a car because they have to and its a transportation method. They don't care about traction, handling, or anything else. They learned enough to be legal to drive and they drive their 4-cylinder Camry. On an automotive forum, there are more enthusiasts who DO care.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 07:40 pm
@curtis73,
curtis - you just caused a great debate Laughing hamburger and I decided we'd have to disagree about which road in Kingston is worst. I vote for Portsmouth Ave, the potholes there have knocked the wiring for the car speakers loose at least once.
curtis73

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:44 am
@ehBeth,
I think that the stretch of Princess from Division to the waterfront is pretty crappy. Kings is bad east of the ferry, but I rarely travel it anymore except to pick up cheap furniture at the warehouses by the docks Smile

If I'm going down to the waterfront, I often times go down to Bath Rd, then down MacDonald to Johnson.

Isn't Portsmouth that street that runs between Princess and Bath near all those high-rise apartments by the old Canadian Tire? My car is lowered, and it will actually drag on the humps in Princess street right near Division. I picked up a gal one night at Stages and promptly ripped the muffler off my car while taking her home. I didn't get laid, either because I was too preoccupied with my car being broken, or because she was embarrassed by my loud car. Smile

My official tourist/summer resident vote goes to Princess St from Division to the waterfront. Smile
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:31 pm
have been running on 35 psi for over a month now - NO tps light dared to flash !
when it gets above freezing again , i'll reduce the pressure gradually - but probably won't go below 33 psi .
hbg
0 Replies