Utterly Useless, But Absolutely Fascinating, Information.

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:29 am
Have you every learned something that has no real impact on your life, but is fascinating, nonetheless? Please post it here, so we can all share.

Here's mine. I recently learned that the name of the commissioner in Florida who is in charge of concealed weapons permits..................................

Charles Bronson!
Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,053 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:43 am
I'm thinkin' - and my brain hurts.
hamburger

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 03:20 pm
@Phoenix32890,
when coming to canada , i observed that toilets did not have a "shelf" but a pretty straight drop .

german toilet :

http://homepage.mac.com/mes/iblog/B337353584/C1870282643/E1866785319/Media/Pasted%20Graphic.jpg

whenever we go back to germany i really dislike the "shelf" type toilet - i keep flushing even before i sit down !

seems that it has an "impact" on my life after all ...
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I'm thinkin' - and my brain hurts.

Funny thing. Same thing happens to me every time I try it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:07 pm
@hamburger,
A story you might appreciate, hbg:
Some years ago a friend of mine took a round-the-world trip with his wife. They sailed east from New York, traveled across Europe, then to South Asia, on to Australia and New Zealand, and came back to the USA by island-hopping across the Pacific. When they got to Hawaii for a stop-over, the missus announced that this was the most beautiful of all the Pacific islands they had visited. The husband asked what was so special about Hawaii when compared to, say, Tahiti or Papeete. "They've got American plumbing in the bathroom here," his wife answered.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 08:55 pm
Having installed the digital converter box on the tv (older set), there are now over the air channels with sub-channels (i.e., 7-1 is main programming, then there is 7-2, 7-3, both with other programming). When I counted all the channels that have Spanish programming with the new digital signal channels, I counted seven. That is the number of English speaking channels that used to be available with just the old analog signal. This makes me believe that Spanish in NYC is here to stay, since there is a continual flow of new Spanish speaking people arriving, regardless of whether young Hispanics do become bilingual.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Utterly Useless, But Absolutely Fascinating, Information.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:31:56