Stranded writer needs support

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:31 am
Hallo, I am writer stranded in the Alps under exordinary circumstances. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a group/agency that could assist a writer to finish a book?
PS: Publishers won't touch this material because it is too controversial. I already spent six months online/phone with the publishing crowd.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 271 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:29 am
@loudwolf,
exordinary?
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:48 am
@Region Philbis,
Does it involve a St. Bernard and a brandy barrel?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 08:28 am
or swim suit baring , barely legal gals?
wandeljw

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 09:22 am
@shewolfnm,
Is loudwolf related to you, shewolf?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 09:31 am
@loudwolf,
loudwolf wrote:

Hallo, I am writer stranded in the Alps under exordinary circumstances. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a group/agency that could assist a writer to finish a book?
PS: Publishers won't touch this material because it is too controversial. I already spent six months online/phone with the publishing crowd.

FIrst you must gnaw your leg off to free yourself from the bear trap.

Only then will you be able to walk to the post office and mail a portion of your ms. and a cover letter to publishers or, better yet, enter first-book contests.

Then, after a series of rejections, you will discover how inflated your literary ego has been and realize you need to read quite a bit more. You need to write much more. You need to suffer many, many more rejections.

You will find this pursuit worse than the bear trap.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Stranded writer needs support
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:17:54