Tips for this Black Friday

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:59 am
1. make sure there is a ******* BARCODE on the item you wish to purchase, if there is not and u take it to a register any ******* ways, prepare for a ******* DELAY FFS.

(venting im done)

2.look for sales before hand, especially at electronics stores they have limited supply.

3. 100 dollar bills lead to you having another delay, yes i might not have 4 twenty dollar bills.

4. get up early, bring a folding chair, and some light snacks and beverages

5.Scour the store for the best deal possible, ive known many items sold for triple or quadriple the price of a similar item or the same item at another store.

but for ******* real, CHECK FOR A ******* BARCODE.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 771 • Replies: 13
No top replies

squinney

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:07 am
@OGIONIK,
I'll go you one better than checking for a bar code before getting in the checkout line ... I won't even be going out for a gallon of milk that day. I refuse. No bargain can drag me out of the house that day. NONE!

I take it you are in retail?

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:13 am
@squinney,
<errrrrrrrrr..... what is Black Friday??????> Confused
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:15 am
@Izzie,
Largest day in retail--the day after Thanksgiving.

T
K
O
Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:15 am
@squinney,
Quote:
I won't even be going out for a gallon of milk that day. I refuse. No bargain can drag me out of the house that day. NONE!

ditto for me.

0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:16 am
@Diest TKO,
they have huge sales the day after thanksgiving, its the beginning of the true holiday season or something.

yes im a cashier. omg i hate it, i hate customers, i hate numbers, and i hate counting someone elses money for them!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:19 am
@Izzie,
Izzie - Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. It's become the biggest shopping day in the US because stores do all kinds of specials. Some people sleep outside waiting for the doors to open to get big screen TVs, computers, cameras etc for very little money compared to regular retail.

The term "Black Friday" comes from the fact that most stores sell so much they go from loss (red) to profit (black) on their year end balance sheets.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

@Izzie,
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, the official start of Christmas shopping. Often there are bargains galore on that day, and malls and stores are very crowded.

The reason that they call it "Black Friday" is that in the Christmas season stores often do, by far, the best business of the year. Black Friday is the day when the store's books go out of the "red".

I would not be caught dead at the mall the day after Thanksgiving. The people are nuts, and there is a much better chance of getting into an auto accident on that day.

For the few presents that I buy, I will let my "fingers do the walking".

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Black Friday is to retail, what Mother's day is to the restaurant industry.

T
K
O
Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:20 am
@Diest TKO,
I think Valentine's Day is bigger for restaurants. The card industry wins on Mother's Day.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:41 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think Valentine's Day is bigger for restaurants. The card industry wins on Mother's Day.
Nope. Not a matter of my opinion either. Honest. I worked in a very upscale restaurant for a couple of years. Mother's day is when you win next year's customers. They would even hire consultants to come in and evaluate the aesthetics of everything from the menu to the smell of the soap in the bathroom.

Everything had to be perfect for mother's day. I'm not joking.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
Oh hey... thanking you... learned something there then! Guess it's the same as our "Boxing Day" on Dec26th.... that's madness toooooo! Never...never... never!
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:45 am
@Izzie,
i call it black friday because the days reeks of complete and utter evil, the REAL and TRUE meaning of the black in the name.
jespah

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:03 pm
@OGIONIK,
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tips for this Black Friday
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:57:16