I gotta take my vitamin B12

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 08:02 am
I have been taking vitamin B12 for a couple of weeks. I definitely notice when I somehow forget to take it - I feel tired and drag so....is that all in my head or is there something to it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 518 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:48 am
@mismi,
Quote:
Signs, symptoms, and health problems associated with vitamin B12 deficiency:
Characteristic signs, symptoms, and health problems associated with vitamin B12 deficiency include anemia, fatigue, weakness, constipation, loss of appetite, and weight loss [1,3,12].
Deficiency also can lead to neurological changes such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet [7,13].
Additional symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency are difficulty in maintaining balance, depression, confusion, dementia, poor memory, and soreness of the mouth or tongue [14].
Signs of vitamin B12 deficiency in infancy include failure to thrive, movement disorders, delayed development, and megaloblastic anemia [15].

Many of these symptoms are very general and can result from a variety of medical conditions other than vitamin B12 deficiency. It is important to have a physician evaluate these symptoms so that appropriate medical care can be given.

Quote:
Who else may need a vitamin B12 supplement to prevent a deficiency?
Individuals with pernicious anemia or with gastrointestinal disorders may benefit from or require a vitamin B12 supplement.
Older adults and vegetarians may benefit from a vitamin B12 supplement or an increased intake of foods fortified with vitamin B12.
Some medications may decrease absorption of vitamin B12. Chronic use of those medications may result in a need for additional vitamin B12.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb12.asp

Who knows? I take a boatload of supplements, including B12. I THINK that they help me, so they probably do, even if it is only a placebo effect.

My son takes a lot of supplements too. His doctor once told him, "You have the most expensive urine in town.
Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 10:05 am
I've been taking vitamins - usually a multi vitamin) for years, and depending
on needs I add an additional one. I believe it does help the overall feeling
of comfort.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
notice when I somehow forget to take it

i thought those vit B pills are supposed to improve your memory function - what have you been swallowing that makes you forget to take them ? <GRIN>
hbg
mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 03:41 pm
@hamburger,
Hamburger! Let me see you wake up at 5:00 in the morning get your shower wake your three boys up get them dressed, feed them get them to school, get your husband (or wife) fed and off to work , then dressed and off to work yourself - your bound to forget something - right? The sad thing is I am sure people do all that all the time and don't forget near as many things as I do! I don't think it has anything to do with the vitamins! Or anything else I am swallowing....brain is limited apparently! Laughing Razz Wink

Well - whether it's true or not, I can tell a difference!

hamburger

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:17 pm
@mismi,
mismi , i really don't want to make fun of you ... but you are funny :

Quote:
get your husband (or wife) fed and off to work

haven't you been able to find out yet whether it's a "husband (or wife) " that you have to feed and get off to work ???
mismi : better take good care of yourself !
hbg
mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:21 pm
@hamburger,
Laughing Oh I have a husband....but I confused myself when I was saying you try it - and I know you don't have a husband...but a sweet wife - so...there.

Oh I don't mind good natured ribbing...quite enjoy it really. Set myself up for it at times! Wink
mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:27 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
mismi : better take good care of yourself !

Thanks Hamburger
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I gotta take my vitamin B12
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:26:00