Lets applaud David

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:24 pm
I've noticed that David has, more and more, incorporated American-English into his posts and has drastically reduced his usage of colour making some of his posts almost readable, everyone please stand for this humble ovation as we celebrate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 612 • Replies: 12
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:28 pm
@dyslexia,
I really cant stand David
dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I really cant stand David
your point is?
farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:40 pm
@dyslexia,
What part of "I , REALLY, CANT, STAND, DAVID"

dont you understand?
, perhaps I can help you .
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:48 pm
@dyslexia,
Really, dyslexia. His point is as clear as "I never liked farmerman."

And I, too, appreciate David's increased efforts to communicate effectively.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:16 am
@dyslexia,

David made it clear that he supports phonetic spelling and follows through on that with his posts on A2K.

I like it when somebody makes the extra effort to follow through on their principles, so I hope David continues to use phonetic spelling in his posts. Since most of his posts are quite brief, his use of different font sizes and colors in his posts does not, I feel, render them unclear.
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:26 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
most of his posts are quite brief

Many of David's posts have been quite lengthy, actually. Often posted one after the other to the same thread/s ... and a bugger to understand in the past. So plainer English is most welcome!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 07:18 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

David made it clear that he supports phonetic spelling and follows through on that with his posts on A2K.

I like it when somebody makes the extra effort to follow through on their principles, so I hope David continues to use phonetic spelling in his posts. Since most of his posts are quite brief, his use of different font sizes and colors in his posts does not, I feel, render them unclear.

Perhaps you could volunteer to translate for us since you seem to fully understand David in your short time here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 07:23 am
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/dys.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 08:10 am
omSigDAVID is amung myFavorite People.

How dare u criticise this erudite man? He will SHOOT u! R u now satisfied?

So stipulated.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:37 pm
@Blickers,
This joker spells they as "thay." Perhaps you can explain to me how that is any more (or less) phonetic an innovation. We've been down the garden path with this joker on his "fonetic" spelling again and again, its flaws and its drawbacks. It's a conceit, and nothing more.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 03:43 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

The problem with phonetic spelling is that the rest of the world doesn't write that way. So far, at least. And it makes for difficult reading for those of us who don't, so it's annoying. I never read his stuff because I can't be bothered to translate it into English spelling. I figure if he wants to communicate with a largely non-phonetic world, he would write so we could easily understand him.

Question: How are you going to spell "their, there, and they're" - all three the same way?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 03:46 pm
How does one distinguish wood and would in I'mSickDavid's use of "wud?

Cud is actually a word, but he uses it for could (which is not remotely pronounced in that manner).

I did want to say, though, that the tag "tard bashing" really, really cracks me up . . .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lets applaud David
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:14:40