how many people does the average human meet in their lifetime

iowaike

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:57 pm
this question came up and got me thinking, if their may be government studies on this. Everyone I've asked this question summizes diffrently, so i'm trying to get a benchmark to go by. Someone out there surely has got some good data on this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 11,636 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:16 pm
@iowaike,
too damn many
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:22 pm
I have met over twenty.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 12:56 am
The first thing you need to do is define your terms.

What is "the average human"?

Are you including the population in all countries of the world or just some of them?

What is your definition of "meet?" Someone they are introduced to, or someone they happen to cross paths with or is it someone they become familiar with?
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:13 am
I imagine that if you're a semi-hermit living in a remote part of a rain forest or on the edges of a desert you'd meet a lot less people than if you lived your entire life in Manhattan or London or Tokyo. As Buttrfrynet has said, there are a lot of variables.

(Btw, Gus is bragging. He may have met more than 20, but actually knows only two or three.)
cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 07:03 am
@iowaike,
I met Muhammad Ali and since at that time, everyone in the world knew who he was, I feel like I met everyone all at once.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:41 am
@Merry Andrew,
I think he meant, er, serially. Not just those currently occupying his basement.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:02 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I have met over twenty.
Obviously a result of your jovial cordiality.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:17 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
What is your definition of "meet?" Someone they are introduced to, or someone they happen to cross paths with or is it someone they become familiar with?

There are so many variables. There are friends, neighbors, relatives, the people at work, and the guy at the newspaper stand. Where does one decide the meaning of "meet"?
Miller

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:35 am
@iowaike,
iowaike wrote:

this question came up and got me thinking, if their may be government studies on this. Everyone I've asked this question summizes diffrently, so i'm trying to get a benchmark to go by. Someone out there surely has got some good data on this.

If you live in NYCity, I'd say you'll meet in the millions over your life time. Just keep riding the subway...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
most people you meet are pretty much the same, so if you collapse all the similarities, i'd say about a hundred
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:58 am
@djjd62,
Know what? It's probably less than that if you're talking about people with whom you actually have some meaningful conversation.
djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:09 am
@Merry Andrew,
you're probably right
0 Replies

themotherfkinman

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 04:00 pm
@Phoenix32890,
stop making life so diffucult.. wen you frekin meet somebody to are introduced to them or speek to them. just cuz i fkin see somebody or walk by them doesnt mean you met them you fkin retards. im 17 and ive met well over a thousand people. goin to school and bars. and as for that person that met over 20 ppl. you are a loser
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 05:03 pm
@themotherfkinman,
Wow! He's 17, dude. You've been pwned!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 05:20 pm
Most of the people you think you meet are just pigments of your invagination.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 05:28 pm
@themotherfkinman,
you don't want to upset gus, you wouldn't like gus when he gets angry

http://www.designiolo.com/extranet/abduzeedo/hulk/eyes.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 05:38 pm
The 17-year-old mf-man won't last long. Bets?

Btw, good 'un, patiodog!
Stormwatch

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 06:03 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I'm sure I've met thousands. Unfortunately the more I meet and the older I get, I can't remember any of them. Confused
0 Replies

mamamia84

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 05:08 am
@iowaike,
I would say that anyone you've ever laid eyes on, whether your eyes met, or you just saw them doing something that didn't include you. I say this, because your subconscious mind remembers every sight and sound you ever experience, even if you don't recall it. Therefore, if you want to talk in these terms, I would say millions. Think of all the events you have attended where there were hundreds or thousands of people. If you saw their face, whether they saw you back, I would count that as having run across these persons. If you must have a conversation with them, or you've watched them make a presentation, but never spoke to them, then the numbers would be less. Hope my idea helps.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how many people does the average human meet in their lifetime
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 10:20:03