Lovatts Holiday Monster Colossus 66

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
Hi there,
I thought I had finished all the answers but have come to a slight hitch with the answer to 31a. - Silver. If my other answers are correct , then 16d. - most prudent is wisest, 17d. - visual symbolism is imagery, and 18d. - purifying organs is kidneys. I have ended up with s_a_d.
Have I made an error or am I overlooking something (probably obvious to everyone else).
I am hoping one of the crossword geniuses on this site can enlighten me, so I can finish this and send it on its way!
Thankyou in advance
Helyn

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 961 • Replies: 4
No top replies

shirlz

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:37 pm
@helyn2001,
Hi helyn,

I didn't keep a copy of this one so can't check my answer. Cant think of anything for silver. Could you have misread the clue? If the clue is sliver the answer could then be shard. Am sure Dutchy will come to your rescue. Bless him. He's always there for us.

Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 07:48 pm
@helyn2001,
Hi helyn

I have SHARD for that. The clue is 'sliver' not 'silver"!

Good luck.
helyn2001

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 01:10 am
@Dutchy,
Hi Dutchy
Thanks so much for that!
Funnily enough, Just as I was about to log on, it occurred to me that I may have misread the clue (as I had previously thought that 'shard' would fit, but it didn't relate to silver). Just got out the magnifying glass and saw 'sliver'
Guess it's time to invest in some new glasses!
Thanks again
Helyn
0 Replies

helyn2001

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 01:15 am
@shirlz,
Hi Shirlz,
You were right, I misread the clue. It is indeed sliver! I don't know how many times I looked at it and didn't see it. As I said to Dutchy, I think now might be a good time for a trip to the optometrist.
Many thanks
Helyn
0 Replies