If you went to a beach and it turned out to be a nude beach, would you stay and go swimming? Would y

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:29 pm
I don't know. 20 years ago - no problem. But nobody (but my wife) wants to see my nude body now!
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:59 pm
@Wilso,
What's the problem? I've been nude on a nude beach in Hawaii (not strictly legal but well-known to locals and tolerated by the police) along with my wife. Nudity is the great equalizer. When you're in that state, you stop being self-conscious because everybody's in the same state you're in.
fbaezer

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:02 pm
Did it in Mali Losinj, Yugoslavia (now Croatia). My boys were aged 6 and 2, then. Having the toddler nude for a while was a relief.
BTW, I've never seen people so white as in that beach.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:26 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
In the '70's I did a lot of midnight skinny dipping and body surfing at Santa Monica's beach, especially during the late summer months when there was a red tide and our bodies would glow with phosphorescence. Wasn't a nude beach but it was just as fun.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/48/500px-Red_tide_bioluminescence_at_midnight.jpg
George

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:11 pm
@Rockhead,
TheMooseketeer wrote:
if you had your piercing in, the resemblance to bait might be too much for a sea turtle or small mouth bass to resist...

Piercing? Not bloody likely.
...and whaddaya mean "smallmouth" bass?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you, Luv.
But I'm only that young in spirit.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:17 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

When you're in that state, you stop being self-conscious because everybody's in the same state you're in.

One time in Thailand I went with my wife (then my girlfriend) to get an oil massage. Stripped to my jocks, lay down, and the masseuse promptly whipped them straight off. You want to feel disadvantaged? Trying being stark naked in a small room with 3 women who speak a language you can't understand!
George

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:19 pm
@Wilso,
Quote:
Trying being stark naked in a small room with 3 women who speak a language you can't understand!

I'd be delighted to try.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

In the '70's I did a lot of midnight skinny dipping and body surfing at Santa Monica's beach, especially during the late summer months when there was a red tide and our bodies would glow with phosphorescence. Wasn't a nude beach but it was just as fun.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/48/500px-Red_tide_bioluminescence_at_midnight.jpg

That sounds so cool! Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:52 pm
Here's a pic from a nude beach we've been with some A2K'ers this summer in Berlin (actually just from the point where it starts, the signe says: From here onwards nudist region).

http://i36.tinypic.com/20ijf9y.jpg

Okay, it's just a model, in the 'GDR Museum', but ... Wink
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:55 pm
I go to nude beaches sometimes, I go nude and I go swimming. What's the big deal? Sometimes I even go to lakes and go skinny dipping.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 12:38 am
As I gaze in the looking glass.....I notice that 20 years of shaping stone and marble, has honed the muscles in my body into what could only be described as Adonis-like....a modern day Charles Atlas....or even Maximus Meridius....yes, yes I am....a beast of a man. I would offer a photo of myself, for your enjoyment....but I dare say...none of you could handle it....I'm sorry, but you couldn't...so I will only provide the name of a man that I consider to be my equal in every way, a man that all men aspire to become, a man that would never balk at a chance to swim nude ....yep, you guessed it....Charles Durning...

for the full effect, please envision me in a speedo.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 05:17 am
@Linkat,
Quote:

If I was with my children - don't know.

Will u describe some of the negative consequences
upon your children of being there ?
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:10 am
@Linkat,
The beach I went to had a number of families with children running around, quite happy to be unfettered.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:50 am
Having grown up in San Diego county, I lived not far from Blacks Beach, which was a swimsuit optional beach that the county owned.
I used to go there all the time, as well as to other swimsuit optional beaches around the world.

For me, it was no problem, for several reasons.
First of all, none of you have anything I havent seen before, and if you do I'll throw a rock at it...LOL

Seriously, I find swimsuit optional beaches to be more relaxing, cleaner, and generally safer then other beaches.
Yes, you will always have those that are there just to ogle others, but the majority of the people there are adult enough (mentally) to ignore them and just enjoy the beach.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 10:26 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

The beach I went to had a number of families with children running around, quite happy to be unfettered.

I've never heard that it was a problem, (especially) not for the children nor for adults. (And why should it be?)

Besides that you often find beaches for 'nude families' with special attractions for the children.
aidan

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I was just talking about this with a friend today and we both agreed that we feel more comfortable naked than in a swim suit - (the subject came up because she was talking about the fact that she didn't take her young daughter swimming as often as she feels she should because she feels embarrassed to get into a swimsuit and her daughter is too young to go swimming alone).

She said it's hard to find a swimsuit that fits her comfortably and I just like the feeling of being unconstricted in the water.

The answer is to have your own pool - when I lived in North Carolina I did and that was one of my favorite activities - telling the kids not to come out for an hour because I'd be swimming every night (I felt like I had my own private little lagoon).

We went to nude beaches when my kids were little in Miami and one time when I was a teenager in Hawaii - although I wasn't wearing my glasses so I didn't know that the guys on the towels next to us were naked until my father insisted on moving and when I asked why - he said - 'those people are NAKED Rebecca - I squinted really hard to try to get a look.

Yes - I would swim nude and I always have - because as I said- the water against your bare skin feels awesome. But when I got out of the water - I'd cover up - I burn really bad- right through sunscreen- and I have enough freckles as it is.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
All their giggling.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:08 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

All their giggling.

Why should that happen?
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Because they are children.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 08:51:01