How Long Will This Go On?

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:53 pm
I realize that there was an election yesterday, but can't we be civil to each other? Directionless anger about election results, as well as gloating about election results is provoking an endless cycle of attacks and counter-attacks. Can we go back to discussions that are informative rather than emotional? Am I the only wimp on A2K???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 759 • Replies: 16
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:01 pm
@wandeljw,
Nah.....but I just collapse the threads/users.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:10 pm
@wandeljw,
I've been challenging the winners and losers on the same thing wandel.

We're both wimps I guess.

So is Obama for that matter.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:10 pm
@wandeljw,
wandel :

you know that i'm just peeking across the border ... and i'm a little disappointed at all the venom being discharged .
a good discussion is great , but ... ..

listening a bit to both obama and mccain , they sounded rather conciliatory .
i heard mr obama say that he hopes for mr. mccain's help , i believe .
and mr mccain called obama "a good man" , i believe .

am i an a2k wimp too ?
hbg
dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:22 pm
@hamburger,
Wimps rule!!!!

Nerds triumph!!!

We are the future!!!!
wandeljw

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:32 pm
Thanks, dlowan, maporsche, and hamburger.

People from every part of the political spectrum have been provoking each other today on A2K. Maybe if they get it out of their system, we can go back to having discussions that are informative.

Wimps Rule!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:54 pm
@wandeljw,
Accepting a loss in an election is very similar to the steps in accepting a tragedy. I think Dave and Ceej are still in phase 1 (complete denial). I am doing a study of their posts to recognize when they proceed from phase 1 to 2, 3, and finally 4.

We can handle these guys like any other scientific inquiry.Maybe we can publish.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:57 pm
I read the threads , then I collapse them with a wry smile (or was it whole wheat?).

Ive taken to ignoring rex red, I cannot figure out what the hell hes talking about half the time,and , I suspect, neither does he.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:03 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Wimps rule!!!!

Nerds triumph!!!

We are the future!!!!

stand next to me, Ill take care of the wing nutz. I ama master of the 20 yard offensive epithet(in its biological context)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:03 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Maybe we can publish.

When Roberta's healthy again, she can edit. Don't we have a couple of illustrators around here as well? hmmm, cyphercat and aldistar!

I do my usual thing here. Sort by day, thumb down the sobbing and venting (peek in occasionally), reset to all-time and get on with reading. Try to avoid High Seas and Pamela Rose at all costs. Blood pressure remains serene.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:06 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks, farmerman!

The four stages of grief is a good explanation. Scientific explanations are often the best.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:11 pm
@ehBeth,
I can have one of my students phony u....er....evaluate the data with suitable trend surface statistics, and we can generate some really foxy 3D graphs and ****.
I think we should keep and eye on the target individuals
Dave, Ceej, H2O man, Mysteryman (although I think MM has sailed through all 4 phases already--thats ok we can use him a sa control)

PS, try not to giggle when you engage ceej or Dave, dont tip em off that theyre being watched.

SE WHAT YOU STARTED WANDEL??
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:12 pm
I submit that we just punt on Rex, hes from another star cluster entirely.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
PS, try not to giggle when you engage ceej or Dave

<cue the Mission Impossible theme>
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:53 am
How do you collapse a thread?
jespah

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:23 am
@snood,
From here: http://able2know.org/

If you see a topic you don't want to see any more, just click the thumbs down next to it. Insta-collapse.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 09:41 am
I have attempted to measure whether negative emotions following the election will peak at some point and then drop off. Data is the daily number of posts on A2K expressing anger about the political situation:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/3015254119_7761b1046c.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How Long Will This Go On?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:17:34