Lovatts Holiday 66 Cryptic

evon

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 04:19 pm
I am bogged down completely with the top left-hand corner of this cryptic.
I have 2 d Sailingboat and 3 d Indifferent

Cannot work out 1a --s-i--
11a --i-d
12a -----i-i-m
15a --i-f-----
1d -------e-
4d s-----e
12a ----n-e
and 39a e-a assume this is eva but don't know why.

If anyone can give me at least some of these it would help because I can't seem to get a handle on anything this time. I had thought that I was improving but it doesn't really look like it with this effort.

Thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 800 • Replies: 10
No top replies

shirlz

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:00 pm
@evon,
Hi evon,

Glad to help.

1a. despise
11a. spied
12a. aluminium
15a. reinforces
1d. destroyed
4d. squeeze
39a. eva

Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 11:47 pm
@shirlz,
Hi Evon

Verifying shirlz submissions.

You're on the ball today shirlz. Laughing
shirlz

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 11:56 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey. It's raining in Brisbane. What better way to fill in the day than catch up on my Lovatts crosswords. Wish I knew how to action those smilies.

Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:03 am
@shirlz,
Hi shirlz

Nice day in Adelaide, nevertheless I've completed the new Colossus today, have no Lovatts left. Sad

To get a smile or whatever in your post, just click on the word 'emoticons' above the box you're typing in and voila there is a whole row of them. Hope this helps.

Cheers Drunk
Dutchy
shirlz

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:20 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi Dutchy,

Thanks for trying to assist but I assure you there is no 'emoticons' word above my box. Even had my husband check incase I was going blind. Have saved my colossus, as am away with no computer access 10-17 Nov. Hope this issues stinker isn't too hard. Bought the new Lovatts cryptic book so doing them at present.
Have a good day.
Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 09:05 pm
@shirlz,
Hi shirlz.
When you click on reply, you get a new screen and an empty box. Above your empty box are 10 little boxes, the one on the very end says 'emoticons". To help you even further above your ten little boxes you can see printed in green letter "Close BBCode Editor". When you see all that and you click on the little box marked 'emoticons' you should be in business!
Don't want to frighten you but the new Colossus Stinker lives up to its name!

Have a nice day.
Dutchy
shirlz

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:06 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi Again,

So far so good. Opened up the green "Close BBCode Editor" and yep. There are the boxes. Can plainly see the "emoticons" box. Now. Please don't fall off your chair laughing. How the h#@l do I get them into my text that I am typing. The one with the flashing red face would be soooo appropriate at this point.

Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:30 pm
@shirlz,
Hi shirlz

Just click on the box on the right which says "emoticons", you will then get a whole lot of them, and pick the one you want by clicking on it.

You're not a 'dumb blonde' are you? Razz

Best of luck.
shirlz

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:49 pm
@Dutchy,
Trust me. I have tried everything, and no, I'm not blonde. It must be a setting on my computer stopping this function from working. Will wait till one of my kids comes to visit and get them to try and sort this out. Many thanks for your efforts.
Shirlz.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:51 pm
@shirlz,
Good idea, they are much more computer literate than we are, I'm sure they'll get you on line.

Dutchy
0 Replies