McCain worker attacked?

Baldimo

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:55 am
Did anyone see the report about a McCain worker being attacked, robbed and then having a B cut into her face? Now I know both sides play dirty and I expect it to happen, but when I saw the pic the first thing that I noticed was the B being backwards? I don't doubt the woman was attacked and robbed but the B being backwards is a little strange. The only way I see this happening is if the attacker was dyslexic. I think I have to call BS on this one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 894 • Replies: 16
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:06 am
@Baldimo,
Yeah, the whole thing is weird.

Evidently she's been asked to take a polygraph based on how her story diverges from "evidence" (security cameras? I don't know) at the site:

Ben Smith wrote:
Skepticism in Pittsburgh

The police are skeptical:

Quote:
Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said.

ALSO: Salon notices a line on the alleged victim's MySpace page that would make it very difficult to convict any one in this case.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Skepticism_in_Pittsburgh.html
sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:30 am
@sozobe,
May well be both weird and true btw.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:26 am
This has been discussed on Dyslexia's Pigs Fly thread. Michelle Malkin devoted an article to it--she believes the lady faked the attack. Apparently the police also think there are problems with her report of the incident.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:43 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
the first thing that I noticed was the B being backwards? I don't doubt the woman was attacked and robbed but the B being backwards is a little strange.

Was she looking in the mirror when she carved the B?
sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:52 am
@JTT,
Seems to be over:

http://kdka.com/local/attack.McCain.Bloomfield.2.847628.html
wandeljw

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:57 am
@sozobe,
apparently, an emotionally troubled person seeking attention, in my opinion
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:11 pm
UPDATE:

From what I just read she confessed that it was fake. No article on it yet. Just sad that she has to seek attention in this way.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:28 pm
please don't tell foxfyre.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:33 pm
It's okay to tell Foxfyre. Foxfyre hasn't disputed it. Some people just like to be dishonest about stuff like that though.
snood

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 03:14 pm
@Foxfyre,

Some people like to be dishonest about hings like what? Faking being attacked by campaign workers? What things are you referring to?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 04:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I think I have to call BS on this one.

Good for you.

Moody, at Fox, said that if this proved to be a hoax, it would be the end for McCain. What that comment actually tells us is how Moody's mind works and why Fox is the way it is.
snood

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:20 pm
This nutcase is getting charged for this. I hope they throw the book at her,but she'll prolly get a cushy stay in a mental ward then 15 more minutes of fame...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27350530
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:35 pm
As an aside, I drove one of my employee's car home today in a switch we do periodically. The radio was set to a local am station that broadcasts conservative and liberal talk-shows. I didn't want (or know how) to change the station, so I listened to a conservative-based show. Folks call in, talk for about 15 seconds, and then the host cuts them off and launches into a spiel. Works that way, I suspect on both sides.
Today: conservative callers saying that if Obama wins, blacks will be strutting around pushing white folks off the sidewalks. If he loses: rioting in the streets. And if Obama wins, a first priority will be paying reparations for slavery to all African-Americans.
I suspect the liberal radio is inhabited by folks who come up with equally bizarre scenarios.
roger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
Ah. So that's what they do when they're not on a2k
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:30 pm
Now if shed thought this through a bit more, she probably should have thought to carve an "O" on her face.

Howd she punch herself so hard to give herself that mouse?
I guess her days as a Grampa Fester volunteer are numbered. Shell have to clean out her locker.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 07:06 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Moody, at Fox, said that if this proved to be a hoax, it would be the end for McCain.

If McCain loses, Moody will blame it on this.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » McCain worker attacked?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 08:08:38