why every one want to be rich

anysha

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:22 am
could you please tell me the reason why people want to get rich. don't they know that death is near. My Question is being rich is fine but will every rich person can fullfill there dreams and hopes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 548 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:25 am
@anysha,
anysha wrote:

could you please tell me the reason why people want to get rich. don't they know that death is near. My Question is being rich is fine but will every rich person can fullfill there dreams and hopes.

That death is near is precisely why everyone wants to get rich, Anysha. At least in America. The dollar is doing poorly here on Earth, but in Heaven the exchange rate is even more daunting. There, a ham sandwhich costs $700,000. Outrageous!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:30 am
I don't want to be rich. I want to be bill. He has more money.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 10:35 am
Rich beats the crap out of Poverty.

Is this the naming thread? I'm confused.
Asherman

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:13 pm
@anysha,
What is "rich", how do you define it?

I've known people whose material wealth is so great that they can not grasp it themselves. "How much wealth do you have?" "I don't know. I suppose one of my accountants might have an idea, but it my wealth is constantly changing. Values rise and fall almost by the hour. "

Some of those people are wonderful human beings. They've maximized their individual potential, they have and continue to make a positive contribution to society, and they are as happy and content as it is possible for a human to be. Generally, they are modest and pleasant to be around.

Other "rich" people I've known are selfish, mean, arrogant, and almost impossible to like on any level. More is never enough for them, and they have no empathy nor sympathy for anyone. Some just struck it lucky, and others became "rich" by sacrificing all of their more endearing human qualities.

I've known bums who were "richer" than some of the wealthy people mentioned above. They'll share their cheap wine in a paper sack, while telling a joke at their own expense. They are free and their lack of property, they believe, contributes to their freedom of movement, and opportunities to enjoy life to its fullest. Some "poor" count their wealth in artistic talent, or in their families. Some embrace the idea that their worldly virtues are enhanced by poverty, and that in "heaven" they will be rewarded.

On the other hand, many of the "poor" I've known are willfully ignorant, lazy, improvident, and hateful. Poverty is an excuse to steal in one form or another, and their jealousy and hatred of those who have more poisons their lives.

I would hope that everyone aspires to the real riches, and that has less to do with material possession than it does to our attitude about wealth.

Having money, wealth and property, has distinct advantages whether we like it or not. Those who have money, have a much wider range of choices. They can choose wonderful foods, cooked and served to please the taste and appetite. Silks are more comfortable than burlap. A leaky roof on Tobacco Road is less shield against the weather than an air conditioned penthouse in a good neighborhood. Crime and drugs can be found anywhere, but who wouldn't prefer raising their children in a "protected" neighborhood than in a smelly slum? In a world where a college education has become the minimal qualification for good paying jobs, money can open doors of opportunity for your children that you may not have had. Which is better, ignorance or knowledge? One can always walk to get from one place to another, but walking is more constraining in time and space than being able to ride in a chauffeured limousine. People want wealth and property to make their own lives more secure from risk, to make their lives more comfortable, to increase their opportunities and their liberties. People want wealth and property to insure that their families will not face privation, but will have greater advantages for generations to come.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 04:41 pm
the answer is because almost everyone believes that wealth or abundance of certain things in life (say friends for instance) will bring happiness. There have been a slew of books recently about how poor a job humans do at predicting what will make them happy, and wealth does not generally bring happiness, yet we operate is if it does.
roger

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well, wealth might not buy happiness, poverty don't buy nothing.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 05:32 pm
@Green Witch,
No, no, no. Look at that writing next to your avatar. You are Green Witch, not Confused. Confused hasn't been seen on these boards since I don't know when.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:26 pm
Money makes you happy. Everyone wants to be happy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:45 pm
this desire to be wealthy is closely linked to the process in the brain that makes us believe that if one pill every four hours works, then two pills every four hours will work better. Almost always two is not better than one, and sometimes two is toxic.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » why every one want to be rich
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 01:26:12