Dove hunting allowed in Texas cities: another reason to love Texas.

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 11:31 am
Recently there was a local tv news story regarding residents in McKinney, Texas complaining that shotgun pellets were landing on their roofs. It turns out that the state legislature passed a law way back in 2005 that prohibited cities from banning hunting within city limits under certain instances. A city spokesman advised hunters to aim away from houses.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/090708kvue-city_dove_hunting-mw.540dd3f6.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 487 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:11 pm
@coluber2001,
Just because they also have the highest rate of death penalty cases and G. Bush will be back living there again soon, I'd say you have a chip on your shoulder about the state?

coluber2001

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:44 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
One case in point: Every New Year's Eve cities in north Texas launch a tv campaign warning about the dangers of discharging firearms in the city to celebrate the new year. Hillariously, it never works, and at 12:00 AM, Jan. 1, it sounds like a revolution is going on and is reminiscent of of news shorts showing Middle Eastern celebrants fining guns into the air. The city of Mckinney spokesperson recommending that hunters within the city limits to aim away from houses is about as sensible as recommending that residents leaving their houses on New Year's Eve carry garbage can lids over their heads.

gungasnake

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:01 pm
@coluber2001,
I don't see shooting something because it flies sort of like a clay pigeon and makes a neat shotgun target....

Yeah, you could eat doves if you work hard enough at it... Likewise with wild turkeys, I can't see hunting something which could be had at WalMarts for $.50/lb. Venison, geese, pheasant, boar chops etc. are harder to buy at Wallies and strike me as more rational hunting objectives.

0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:27 pm
@coluber2001,
Here's another "don't mess with Texas story."

Years ago I was riding a bus into Boston and this couple from Texas was sitting behind me. When we started to see the skyline one of them said "That in't very big, everay thang is jest bigger 'n Texas."

Yes, they were wearing cowboy hats.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dove hunting allowed in Texas cities: another reason to love Texas.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:12:04