Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:24 pm
Don't ever, ever give your information to EHealth dot com. I am doing (the never ending) research for my small business group on how to find health care if you are self employed. I was told by someone, who occasionally knows what he is talking about, that EHealth is a good site. No they are not. They are only good at giving your information to every peddler, shyster, and bogus health provider in the country. The first call started within 3 minutes of my hitting the enter button and now, three months later, I am still be deluged with calls from fast talking sales people on our business line and even our "don't call" personal line . They can ignore the "don't call" because by giving information to this site I basically granted permission for these idiots to call me. No one will send information, they all want to literally dictate their policies over the phone AND they want a credit card number so they can "sign me up before this special coverage offer ends". I can avoid answering my personal line, but as a business we have to answer the business phone. Almost half our calls today were sales people calling from some health related boiler room. Even worse, they apparently gave our information to a bunch of medical charities and I'm getting calls from them too. Everything from breasts to hearts to colons - "please give, we help people without insurance", they plead. "Hey, I'm without insurance, go beg from someone who has insurance", I reply. We have become a nation of rich insurance agencies, greased politicians, bankrupt patients and exhausted, cranky medical personal. It's all so pathetic. EHealthDot Com - avoid! - you have been warned.

(By the way, thank you Canada for doing the eye surgery on my father that his insurance refused to cover and for half the price it would have cost him in the US. He is back and doing great.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,786 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » EHealth dot com - Worse than useless.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:30:34