Ed is back...

caramel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:27 pm
Well almost. :wink: It was only a rerun of the last episode, but it was nice to see the old gang again.

Shirley had the best lines :

"The band sings songs from the Beatles and the Eagles, they are called "The Beagles" Laughing [/i]

And this quote from Groucho Marx

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside a dog it's too dark too read.[/i]

I wonder what the show will be like this year now that Ed and Carol are together. I hope this won't "kill" the show. Looking forward to next week.

Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 539 • Replies: 6
No top replies

brunt

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 01:30 pm
Who is Ed?
And who are Shirley and Carol?

And who is Gro... forget it!

Well, I still don't know who Ed, Shirley and Carol are, but at least I can share my favourite Groucho Marx quote:

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

P.S.: Have you seen this thread in Classic Film, caramel? Maybe you have some suggestions:

100 Best, Essential & Complex Animated Shorts
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 02:28 pm
Re: Who is Ed?
brunt wrote:
And who are Shirley and Carol?

And who is Gro... forget it!

FYI, Ed is a TV Show, the only I really watch regularly. It is a fun show, well written and always some funny things in it. Shirley works in the bowling alley owned by Ed (who is also a lawyer!), she never has many lines to say but they are always funny. And Carol is Ed's love interest.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0247091/combined

I see that IMDb is making a 'clean sweep' on 'private boards'. Even 'People and Pets' has been deleted again... Crying or Very sad

I see that Admin. erases your 'board'. Why don't you store your reviews here?

I will go and check your list and see if I can add some to it.

Oh I forgot, Dan-124 is also a great fan of this show.

Smile
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 04:35 pm
Luckily I was "warned" by cms
Of course I do also store my reviews on my home computer. But now, after "Andreas Schmidt" is gone, I think I must continue working on my homepage. It's still in the beginning, but I will do my best to make it work very soon: brunt's Treasury

Hmmm, I've never heard of that "Ed"show, and most American TV shows are shown somewhere here in England...
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 04:52 pm
Luckily I was "warned" by cms
brunt wrote:
Of course I do also store my reviews on my home computer. But now, after "Andreas Schmidt" is gone, I think I must continue working on my homepage. It's still in the beginning, but I will do my best to make it work very soon: brunt's Treasury

Hmmm, I've never heard of that "Ed"show, and most American TV shows are shown somewhere here in England...

That's a great picture of you of your website. Laughing

It's pretty sad what is happening to IMDb, it has become a place where Troll/Flamers/Teenagers are running the place. Gee I missed the good old days. Crying or Very sad

Well maybe 'Ed' will make his way to England one day.

Very Happy
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 03:38 am
Ed
Caramel, as you know from my frequent posts in IMDB, I am a huge fan. THis past year, I met both "ED" (in Boston) and John Slattery who played the principal. What a thrill. I am excited about a new season and hope that this works with Ed and Carol together. I have tickets for the Red Sox wednesday night, but will tape and watch the season premiere when I get home from the ball park.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:34 pm
I know Dan
dan-124 wrote:
Caramel, as you know from my frequent posts in IMDB, I am a huge fan. THis past year, I met both "ED" (in Boston) and John Slattery who played the principal. What a thrill. I am excited about a new season and hope that this works with Ed and Carol together. I have tickets for the Red Sox wednesday night, but will tape and watch the season premiere when I get home from the ball park.

That you're a big "Ed" fan. Tell me how did you meet 'Ed', did you make a $10.00 bet that you would talk to him? Laughing

Did you know that is Tom Cavanagh a Canadian!

Can't wait for the season premiere. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ed is back...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 12:50:09