I am SO Pissed Off!

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:48 am
This is just a rant. I've got to get this off my chest.
I finally, after several years, forced myself to face a phobia I'd developed concerning my dentist. I could not remember what, if anything, had happened to create this phobia but rather than go to another dentist, which I seriously considered, I chose to return to the same dentist, refusing to indulge my fears. Well, now I wish I'd followed those fears!
Yesterday the dentist shot me up six times and removed 20 year old bridgework and took impressions to create a new bridge with, supposedly, two new teeth, as decided upon the week before. Well, it turned out he neglected to include one of the two new teeth for some stupid reason so now I've got to go back next week and go through the whole numbing procedure again to have this done. And it pisses me off because looking in my mouth, common sense should have told him that this additional tooth needed to be crowned as well. I don't understand how he could have overlooked that.
AND, to make matters worse, I can't chew. The temporary they put in will not allow my back teeth to meet on the other side so now, I cannot chew and i know, if i call them, they're going to want me to come in to adjust this, which means they will have to shoot me again and got through the whole process again and I DON'T WANT TO.
I'm about to call them and see if i can get in, like, tomorrow and get it all done at once. The new impression for the tooth he neglected to take and also, readjusting the temporary.

Arrrrgh! If they'd just pick up the damn phone!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 720 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:03 pm
@eoe,
Ugh, that's absolutely horrible. You're right to be pissed off, that's just SO wrong to screw up that badly, and now you have to pay for his mistake by going through a whole extra procedure! Evil or Very Mad Sounds like you REALLY need a better dentist...
Gargamel

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
This caramel apple is delicious!
eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:16 pm
@cyphercat,
They wanted to see me today but the doctor is out of town and I wouldn't trust an assistant, at this point, to come anywhere near me.
Oh well, i guess I'm off to the store for soup.

Maybe I'll lose a few pounds.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:17 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

This caramel apple is delicious!

Try not to choke on it, okay?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:20 pm
I know how you feel. I have had two different dentists that should be shoveling cow manure for a vocation. I sympathize.
eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@eoe,
You must have one of those British expatriate dentists.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:10 pm
@eoe,
I've had a couple of fillings / crowns that didn't fit right at first but that after a day or two matched up. I'd give it a day or so for the swelling and settling before making them adjust what is already done.

(I hate dentists too. Hope you are getting nitrous!)
eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:26 pm
@squinney,
This is just the temp, thank goodness, but I was a bit worried that if the temp didn't fit properly, the permanent bridge might be off as well. I was assured that it isn't.
I've had to get used to dental work in the past. Sometimes it does take a few days before everything falls into place. Either that or we just learn to adapt. We are remarkable that way.
No nitrous. He doesn't administer it. He likes that needle but I must admit, it wasn't too bad yesterday at all. Not nearly what i had built up in my head. And he shot me six times. SIX!
caribou

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:13 pm
@eoe,
After reading this, your avatar looks like she's holding the side of her mouth.

I hope your teeth get straightened out soon!
eoe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:41 pm
@caribou,
caribou wrote:

After reading this, your avatar looks like she's holding the side of her mouth.

Well, it's so small now, there's no telling WHAT she's holding!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am SO Pissed Off!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:36:35