DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:00 am
@FreeDuck,
http://site.despair.com/images/despairWear/pages/231_main
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:41 am
@Chumly,
Chumly, That's what I also read some months ago about Costco; their pay and benefits are probably one of the best in the retail business.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
@patiodog,
That was my thought too, pdog.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:20 am
@fishin,
You need the right mind frame to just work for the paycheck....
Amusement more than annoyance.
But it's a hard 'tude to keep up. It's kinda like not caring, but really, it's more about remembering what's important to care about... you know?
These messed up people at a messed up place aren't worth caring that much about, in the long run.

18 pounds. Hey, we still need a picture.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:38 pm
My son Nigel worked for Target one summer. His experience was almost as
fulfilling as yours.

If you own a gun, please give it to someone else to keep for you until you find
another job.

2.5 lbs (without the bow)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:37 pm
Why are we guessing the weight of fishin's dog.

Did I miss something again??

I think it's little - say 7kg - that probably about 17 lbs. Smaller than my cat
George

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:51 pm
@margo,
margaux wrote:
Why are we guessing the weight of fishin's dog.

His dog?
Not his boss?
jespah

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
@George,
Is his dog his boss? Is his boss a dog?

Inquiring minds want to know.
margo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:55 pm
@jespah,
Well - Possumcat is my boss...

I presume here are others with similar arrangements? No??
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:14 pm
@margo,
7 kg is about 15 lb 6 oz (or so). Do you need to revise your guess?

(Love my new job, but I'm not going to gloat about it in front of fishin', the poor bastard...)
2PacksAday

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:23 pm
@fishin,
Have you seen the movie "Employee of the Month" with Dane Cook, it's about a guy that works in a big box store...it's a light comedy, pretty good I suppose.....you might appreciate it with you newfound workplace observances.

About 5 months ago I swore that if I got anymore jobs like I had at the time, I was going to go to WallyWorld or Lowe's and get a box-boy job. It was a running joke with me for a few weeks {I'll spare you the jokes} until my wife finally said enough of the box-boy-bullshit. She never appreciated the fact that my life would become far simpler, in that the worst that could happen would be for my box opener to become dull...and even after showing her how easy it was to solve that dilemma...switching the blade around...she still just shook her head at my proposed new career.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:41 pm
fishin' your dog weight 16 1/2 pounds.

Now where's my money?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 04:11 am
@patiodog,
Pattyodog wrote:
(Love my new job, but I'm not going to gloat about it in front of fishin', the poor bastard...)

WHAT NEW JOB??????!!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 01:30 pm
@patiodog,
P'dog writ:
Quote:
7 kg is about 15 lb 6 oz (or so). Do you need to revise your guess?
Quote:

Nah - I'll go with whatever 7kg is = as I'm not sure what I'm guessing anyway. Is there a sheep station resting on the result? - that's what Aussies gamble for!

Can someone tell me what a box store is?
patiodog

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:42 pm
@margo,
Architecturally reminiscent of aircraft hangars, so called "box stores" (such as WalMart, Target, Home Depot, or Costco) sell lots of cheaply manufactured goods through employees usually working at or a little above the poverty line. Generally, within a chain, one store will have pretty much the same design, goods, and prices as another, as well as the same corporate-dictated management structure.

I'm not a-answering deb until she stops yelling. Anyway, it's fishin's bad job thread.
Diane

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:49 pm
Fishin' I don't envy you at all. I had a department store job in the early sixties, but it was very nice. Employers were polite and discounts were generous. It sucks how things have changed. Of course, there weren't any big box stores way back then.

Good luck with your own business--just think, a business run by an intelligent and knowledgable person with a personality that isn't permanently scrubbed clean by alien idiot children. What a concept!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:50 pm
@fishin,
Oh, and fishin'? Would you have Mass Cass contact me? I know the way to find out the weight of your dog without having to do all that heavy guessing.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
@patiodog,
So Patio Dog. Why don't you start another thread about your good job?

Fishin' has us all so depressed that we run the risk of actually going to one of those stores to check it our for ourselves. What if one of us got talked into working there? Who would notice until too many a2kers started disappearing into big box hell?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:14 pm
Oh My..... you really need to Go Fishin'

You'd make the best plumber tho, mate!!!

24lb!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:26 pm
It's quite easy - now - to answer when fishin' is washing dishes at home ... the dog's weight is 12kg 670 g
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:29:09