what would you need on a meditation retreat?

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 04:31 pm
Actual question. I'm trying to think of an appropriate gift to send with my little bro before he goes away on a 10 day retreat.

He's been looking forward to it for a while, and it'll be his first experience. And I have never been on one.

So I know some here have a good idea of what goes on and what might come in handy. Apparently, it's to be a lot of time meditating, a few meals, some sleep, and not a whole lot else.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a good seat, as he doesn't have one. I know the deal at this place is that people would usually be on the floor, but my bro has already specifically made sure they will have a chair he can use - but it may be just a plain old wood one for all we know.

The reason I'm thinking that is because he has trouble staying seated for long periods of time, physically, due to some old injuries in his back hips legs. At home, apparently he just shoves a pillow under his chair.

But I have no idea what would be a good choice even if I go that route.

Other than that, I'll probably just take him and his lot for supper the night before. Unless you guys have any other ideas?

thanks .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 491 • Replies: 1
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 07:20 pm
How about a nice notebook where he can write his thoughts down.

http://www.indyprops.com/pp-blankij4.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » what would you need on a meditation retreat?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:19:38