this is the end

brahmin

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 02:41 am
today was the last day of my MBA course. the class ended a few hours ago. i am feeling terrible. now its back into the dirty world of men and machines for me. no more college. no dazzling lectures to attend. i plan to work for one year, earn some money and get back to college. the dirty world of corporates and companies is not for me. i am scared to enter the real world. i know i am going to miss the joy and security of being in college for ever more. i hate everything.

how did you feel on the last day of your formal education ??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 03:11 am
The same as you.

It's a feeling everyone has,

It only lasts for awhile.

Joe(in my case, it's been lasting for thirty-two years)Nation
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 05:25 am
I felt like that, too!

Actually I feel like that whenever a part of my life is coming to an end.
It always looks like it will never again be as good as it was.

However, the truth is: As our lives develop, so do we.
Things that are important to you today, might be meaningless tomorrow, when something else has taken their place.

You will make new friends, make new experiences, maybe not always pleasant ones, but in total they will be, what shapes you and makes you strong (I think).

So don't look too far into the future and let your present life pass you by.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 05:28 am
thank you. both of you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:14 am
I know what I think.

Our government should be doing more to help people like you, all of us who train and work for a living, during periods of transition, rather than spending on welfare and other entitlement programs, essentially stealing from the workforce that pays the taxes.

I wish you luck.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:16 am
Bohne wrote:
I felt like that, too!

Actually I feel like that whenever a part of my life is coming to an end.
It always looks like it will never again be as good as it was.

However, the truth is: As our lives develop, so do we.
Things that are important to you today, might be meaningless tomorrow, when something else has taken their place.

You will make new friends, make new experiences, maybe not always pleasant ones, but in total they will be, what shapes you and makes you strong (I think).

So don't look too far into the future and let your present life pass you by.

Bohne has put her finger on it.

I'd like to add-- academia allows your inner life to flourish.

The real world is far more practical, although it allows for other skills to develop. With your education, some of the real world skills will be very useful for you in navigating the world. The trick is to view the real world as a playground for you to develop, not as reality--which would be too much to bear.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:52 am
Gala wrote:
The trick is to view the real world as a playground for you to develop, not as reality--which would be too much to bear.

thanks for the insight
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:16 am
click here
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » this is the end
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 11:28:41