a rip-off

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
we bought this new air conditioner with the added feature of a de-humidifier, the destruction manual says the de-humidifier only operates when the humility is above %50. it's currently %9 here so I paid for a feature I can't use; should I add water to the air by hanging a soaked sponge near the A/C. I do so want to get all the benefits I am entitled to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 435 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:15 pm
You could just go pee on the floor under the AC unit whenever your bladder calls . . .

I just emptied the dehumidifier for the second time today. Storms passed through earlier, with a goose-grounder rain and hail. I suspect i'll empty it again before bed time . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:17 pm
why would you get a dehumidifier in the desert?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:18 pm
You think you're ripped off....

I just pumped a half a gallon of gas into my car, and thanks to the pricing of 99/100th of a cent that gets tacked on to the end, I got totally screwed out of 1/1000 of a liter of gas.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:19 pm
you know you could ask for your change.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
You could just go pee on the floor under the AC unit whenever your bladder calls . . .

I just emptied the dehumidifier for the second time today. Storms passed through earlier, with a goose-grounder rain and hail. I suspect i'll empty it again before bed time . . .
i tried that and the damn cat kept trying to bury it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:27 pm
Dys
Just tell the Lady Diane to sit next to the beast each time she's having a hot flash and sweating like a pig. Will work every time.

BBB
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:28 pm
Chai!! I'm indignant at the noive of those critters.

Why didn't you ask for your change? Oh right, they couldn't figure that one out.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 03:36 pm
LOL, Bumblebee. At least I could put it to good use rather than feel like the lady of perpetual menopause.

Actually Dante, our cat, does try to cover up Sally's occassional 'mistakes.' Our little creatures watch out for one another. Uh no, Sally wouldn't even be aware of any mistake, what with her serious case of hyper activity and attention deficit disorder.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 04:16 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

Just what I was thinking. (scratches head)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:09 pm
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:

Dys was convinced it would kill the fire ants within one mile of his house.

BBB
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 05:28 pm
are there any household air-conditioners made WITHOUT the dehumidifier function ?
i assume all air-condditioners have that feature - in case dys moves near the great lakes and he'll take the a/c along , he'll be all set :wink: .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:21 pm
Hamburger, you took the words from my very mouth. Air conditioners used to be made with a drain and hose fitting to remove condensate. So now, they add a pan that needs to be emptied, and charge extra for a "dehumidifier".

You're right, Dys. You was robbed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:43 pm
I still dont see a reason for one in a place where nothing grows.

there is so much water in the air here you can drink it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:45 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I still dont see a reason for one in a place where nothing grows.

there is so much water in the air here you can drink it.

That sounds pleasant.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a rip-off
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:06:18