Question about drugs

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 01:18 pm
I'm just talking about pot here...

I have a question about marijuana usage as more of a moral code of conduct rather than the actual illegal usage.

Since my ex and I were high school sweethearts, we pretty much "discovered" things like alcohol, pot, and cigarettes together. Niether of us got into cigarettes reguarly though so we never bought them. Pot, however we did for a while until things started taking a turn for the worse. He started getting violent and careless as well as treating me like an object rather than a person (which as many of the people who know about me and my ex would say things weren't much different when we got married minus the pot). Back in high school I gave him the choice to stop or lose me because I couldn't put up with the lying and decieving anymore. He did end up choosing me, but the urge to smoke pot behind my back NEVER left him. Back then I had completely stopped to make it easier for him to stop. Pot never meant anything to me and I could easily live without it.

So now that I am no longer with him, I was free to start doing things again. I still don't smoke cigarettes and never will, and I don't drink as much because my tolerance is really low and I end up getting really sick. So the only thing I really do is smoke pot every once in a while. Now here is where my question comes in. I still feel the same way about pot that I did back in high school. I can easily live without it. Most people use pot and alcohol as vices to let them forget the troubles in their lives because it temporarily makes them go away. But, with all the problems going on in my life, I don't feel I'm using it as a vice. In fact, it seems to be having the complete opposite effect on me.

Since I've started smoking it again, I'm much more active, much more focused, much more creative. It gives me motivation to get up early every morning and start a good clean work out, which I do for an hour 3 times a day! I'm taking summer classes and going to them every day, I haven't missed one class. I'm getting more things done, I'm in such a good mood all the time even when I haven't done it in a while. It doesn't effect my judgement and I don't do stupid things when I am on it. I feel more relaxed and it helps me solve problems much better because I can focus more on the core of the problem rather than spending so much time fixing the "aftermath". I'm much healthier, I eat very healthy, I work out three times a day, I take my dog for a run every night, I'm taking modern dance twice a week, I'm a member of two gyms, I haven't eaten fast food or junk in almost a year....

I'm not saying that all these changes in me are caused by pot, but I feel the complete opposite of what everyone tells me I will feel and I haven't experienced any "downs" or anything like that and it's been eight months on and off. So I guess really what I am asking is... what's the big deal? I know its illegal. But I feel it's actually helping me. I've never actually felt so good in my life. I don't have a single addictive molecule in my body because all one has to do to beat ANY addiction is find something they love better than the "drug". In my case there are thousands of things I love way more than pot and therefore it is not something I would have to have around me all the time. Knowing all of that, I feel the only thing that makes me feel bad is that it is illegal. Other than that, I'm the most productive I've ever been. All those lazy things I used to do I stopped doing all together. I even started writing in my diary again and started a new "chapter" for my new life.

I feel that as long as I don't get carried away and stay on my routine and not become unbalanced, I am not seeing any negatives to pot. In fact, it does to me what anti-depressants do to "crazy" people. Am I right to think this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 2
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 01:21 pm
it isnt a big deal.

end of discussion. Smile
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 09:46 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
it isnt a big deal.

end of discussion. Smile

Lol..... whew! What a load off! Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Question about drugs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:05:08