Area Codes

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:44 pm
well I must have put something wrong into the search - it now comes up and says:

423 calls reported from this number.According to 16 reports the identity of this caller is GC-Easytel Hu

It says either Van RU or unknown name comes up and states to ignore it as it is spam.

Many other people left their experiences - here is one that is more telling than some of the others:

"These people keep calling me trying to talk to my boyfriend. They will not stop calling. Just a warning because I finally did some research, do not tell them anything or confirm anything. They are from the VanRu collection agency trying to collect on very small sums of debet. They have a 800 number if anyone wants it, 1-800-708-2375."
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:46 pm
TTH wrote:
Victor Murphy wrote:
TTH wrote:
It appears from the link that 111 is from your service provider and 062 is unknown.

The call didn't come from Verizon.
Do you know where it came from then?

The message left on my answering machine said Serbia but who knows!
Here is the message!
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 03:01 pm
If anyone wants to hear the call email me at the following address. I have a free website if I upload a wav file to the site and too many people listen it shuts down for a while.

[email protected]
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 08:43 pm
I'd worry if I were you.

062 was the prefix for Canberra (until the system changed!).

Who knows what crap comes out of there. (it's the capital of Australia - in case you didn't know Razz )
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 04:24 am
margo wrote:
I'd worry if I were you.

062 was the prefix for Canberra (until the system changed!).

Who knows what crap comes out of there. (it's the capital of Australia - in case you didn't know Razz )

I can't make long distance calls on my home phone. So I doubt that I'll have any problem. But I'll call the phone company just in case.
I did find these links.
http://800notes.com/Area-Code.aspx/1-062

http://800notes.com/Area-Code.aspx/1-111
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 06:02 am
Victor and TTH

A match made in heaven.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 06:47 am
Chai wrote:
Victor and TTH

A match made in heaven.
What? I don't even know Victor Murphy.

VM I don't have long distance on my phone. I use a calling card and I tried the # left on your answering machine and it doesn't go through. So, I don't know any more than what other people posted.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:19 am
just look at her....shamelessly flirting with Victor.

I'll bet "area code" is just a code for something else.

Have you ever dialed "area code" 361?

Oh! I'm not that kind of girl. I only call 212 and 903
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:21 am
Victor really must stop this ravaging of the A2K women.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:23 am
Chai are you okay?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:25 am
I know.

TTH claims she doesn't know him, but is leaving messages on his machine.

He'll have her dialing 714 before you can say Sharper Image.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:26 am
TTH wrote:
Chai are you okay?

Why?

Is my lipstick smudged?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:27 am
That must be it. Good detective work Chai Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:28 am
I wonder if Victor would allow me to participate in a TTH sandwich?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:28 am
Me and Vic and TTH.

Hell, yeah!!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:34 am
Gee gus, I think I get a say in the matter. You & VM woo hoo!! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:40 am
jesus, I'm a mess!

why didn't someone tell me my stockings weren't on straight?

my long line girdle is pinching too.

18 hours my ass.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:58 am
Chai wrote:
just look at her....shamelessly flirting with Victor.

I'll bet "area code" is just a code for something else.

Have you ever dialed "area code" 361?

Oh! I'm not that kind of girl. I only call 212 and 903

I like code "69" Embarrassed
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 11:36 am
Nice to know. Now you & gus go have fun Laughing
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:45 pm
First Caller-ID spoofers spanked

Tue, 05/06/2008 - 12:39pm. The first telemarketers charged with transmitting false Caller IDs (a process known as caller ID spoofing) to consumers were fined and barred from continuing their schemes by a New Jersey District Court judge.

Under the terms of a court order announced by the Federal Trade Commission today, two individuals and one corporate defendant have been barred from violating the agency's Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) and its Do Not Call (DNC) requirements arising from a telemarketing scheme designed to sell mortgage loans, refinancing services, and other products to U.S. consumers. They were also found liable for $530,000 in damages.

In addition to charging the defendants with calling consumers on the National DNC Registry and failing to pay for access to the list, the case was the first brought by the Commission alleging the transmission of phony caller ID information or none at all. Under the DNC provisions of the TSR telemarketers are required to transmit accurate caller ID information so consumers who do not want to be called in the future can contact them and tell them so.

According to the FTC's complaint, announced in May 2006, Srikanth Venkataraman, doing business as Scorpio Systems , sold mortgage loans, refinancing, and other products and services to customers via outbound telemarketing. Scorpio allegedly called numbers on the Do Not Call Registry, failed to transmit its telephone number and name to consumers' caller identification service, and failed to pay the fee required to access the Registry. The telemarketer transmitted either no caller ID or a phony caller ID number - 234-567-8923 - and, as a result, consumers were unable to contact the telemarketer to stop unwanted calls.

The final court order settles the FTC's charges against defendants Srikanth Venkataraman, Scorpio Systems; Software Transformations; and Sridhar Bhupatiraju, individually and as an officer of Software Transformations. The order prohibits the defendants from violating the TSR in the future, states that they agree not to contest any of the facts alleged in the FTC's complaint, and are liable for their TSR violations.

The order imposes suspended civil penalty judgments of $530,000 against each of the individual defendants and $160,000 against the corporate defendant - representing the total gross revenues resulting from their telemarketing violations.

Based on the defendants' inability to pay, however, the order requires Venkataraman to pay $15,000, Bhupatiraju to pay $10,000, and Software Transformations to pay $20,000. It also contains a right to reopen the case if the FTC later finds the defendants have misrepresented their financial condition.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Area Codes
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 08:18:56