You guys are killin' me

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:35 am
I can't belive out of 84,140 members there aren't any that are collectors and/or readers of comic books.

I don't REALLY want to go off-board in search of comic conversation....I'm already off board for my scrapbooking! Dang it!

If you're a lurker at A2K and you're in the afore mentioned group - you better darned well speak up!

I guess that's all I want to say.
*pouty face combined with very severely folded arms*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,986 • Replies: 32
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:37 am
Sorry!

Does Tintin count?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:37 am
Im NOT a comic collector.. but I do have over 1,000 comics in my possession.

Most of them are mid 80-s to now 1st editions.

The kinds that everyone has. Confused

I gotta sell em. Just cant find anyone who wants em.

YOU WANT EM??!! Very Happy hehehe
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:53 am
AWW she wolf - that'd be great - excpet probably i already have 'em.

what i would like is to be able to talk over future comic-related movies, the realism of them [or lack thereof]...how the comics change the characters to match closer with the actors...and whatnot.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:56 am
ooooohhh

technical sch-tuff
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:01 am
lol other stuff too...like why they keep CONSTANTLY bring Jean Grey back...

other stuff too, i just can't think of it right off the top of my haed...and i don't know...it'd just be nice if could stay...'home' for that kinda talk. I talk to hubby about it all the time, but i'd like differing opinions...

by the way, if you haven't seen the trailer for hulk 2 yet - i say watch it. i think i've already seen my favorite part of that movie and it's something that happens in the trailer.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:31 am
I loved the first Hulk movie with Eric Bana and Nick Nolte and don't care much for Ed Norton. Can't see him improving on anything.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:50 am
I don't recognize him, don't really know him either. I'm not sure how he is as an actor...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:07 am
Yeah, OK. I am a comic book geek.

I prefer stuff Golden & Silver age. The new comics do not appeal to me much, although I admit the colors and paper quality is good these days.

I was mostly a DC fan, although I am well-acquainted with Marvel. In addition, I liked a comic brand ACG (American Comics Group) that no longer exists. I also read lighter stuff like Archie and Harvey. My absolute favorite was "The Legion of Super Heroes", back in the sixties and seventies. Their stories were very silly by modern standards, but I liked them. After about 1975 they redesigned their costumes and faces and I lost interest after that.

I just saw "Iron Man" the movie & loved it. The people I went with, not comic geeks, thought it was just so-so. I thought it was a pretty good meld of the Iron Man story with modern plotlines. If you are a comic book geek and see the movie, you MUST sit through the credits, because there is a very important (to comic geeks) piece of film at the very end that mentions other Marvel characters and probably the next direction in Marvel-based movies. Will not mean a thing unless you know comics.

I want Hollywood to do a Green Lantern movie (Hal Jordan, please - not Kyle Rayner). Wouldnt that be great?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:45 am
Equus wrote:
you MUST sit through the credits, because there is a very important (to comic geeks) piece of film

I want Hollywood to do a Green Lantern movie (Hal Jordan, please - not Kyle Rayner). Wouldnt that be great?

Ohhh my goodness absolutely, i LOVED that sneak peak. The 'initiative'!!! I was totally floored - although I found discussion of exactly that sort of 'revelation' online after I saw the movie. Also...if you're not a current reader then you might wonder why the character at the end was played by that person...comes from both the 'ultimate' line of books and the latest cartoon movie of that other set of characters mentioned.

I would like a GL movie...although I would like to see Kyle in it - he doesn't have to be the star or the main GL, but definitely I would like to see him in it. I would like MORE for DC to get off their tails and really kick out some good movies of some of the other major players in the JLA or even the League as it is in the present with ties to what it was back in the day. Stop relying on Supes and Bats.

I'm more of a DC girl myself, though in my home there is an abundance of both DC and Marvel...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:39 pm
DC fan here.

Yeah, I'd love to see a GL movie....Hal or Kyle...or both....I'd even settle for a Guy Gardner flick...or John Stewart....I think I'm still missing one issue of his "Mosaic" series.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:08 pm
I grew up reading comics. Daily strips are all I read now. The Dell four color comics, Uncle Scrooge, Pogo Possum. That's the sort of stuff I liked.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:57 pm
I've got a big collection of Donald Duck and Unca Scrooge comics....And I've always been a huge fan of the art in the superhero type books, I think it's a great medium, but there's just so much out there that i never knew where to start... But then a couple months ago I found that Marvel has DVD-roms with the entire runs of Amazing Spider-man and Uncanny X-Men, so that gave me a good way to get started, and affordably too, so now I'm in comic book geek heaven! Smile I just don't know how I'm going to afford all the subscriptions I want to get next, is the only problem...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 05:49 am
DOes anyone here remember/read/have access to - the first few Wonder Woman comics?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:59 am
I have a few of them, and I have a reprint of the first one. Wondy's my girl.

Her character has undergone mighty mighty changes in recent history...take these panels for instance:

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2048/166374-wonder-woman_400.jpg

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/134/ww219.gif
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:10 am
Beautiful.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:20 am
Did you ever get the sexual fetish reference in them? Cool
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:23 am
no. it's not often i allow myself to see non-blatant topics in comics. sometimes but not often.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:35 am
Onyxelle, no comics here. Just wanted to say I love your shoes and your red painted tootsies.

No more interruptions...I promise.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:01 pm
lol thank you diane, in fact i was just considering changing the av. not the content so much, but the angle of it. I have a better one. i think i will. thanks much for your compliment, and my toes are generally red Smile it looks the best i think.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You guys are killin' me
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:34:52