the fine art of communication

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:19 pm
Yesterday, no, actually it was more than a week ago; um I'm pretty sure it was in April because I was late once again getting my IRS filed but anyway, I was heading out to Gallup, well not actually to Gallup; I was actually going to Kayenta and the easiest way to get to Kayenta called Tó Dinéeshzhee by the Navajo is to go to Gallup and then go north to Shiprock which is interesting because the formation called shiprock is actually what's left from a volcano after the cone wears away leaving only the remnants of the former eruption material. Anyway I turned west at Shiprock just before I got to the Navajo Junior College/Trade school and headed on westward towards Kayenta which is right on the southern edge of monument valley which is in Utah but Kayenta itself is in Arizona. Becky is in the passenger seat, I'm pretty sure it was Becky although it might have been Anne because we were still pretty close in those days but, anyway, Becky said something about we should have picked up some beer because Kayenta being on the Navajo nation is alcohol dry and you're lucky to get an iced tea there but I was driving along on the rather barren road and Anne spotted a deer running along side my truck and turned to me saying "you better watch out for that deer because you never know which way they are going to go and we don't want to have an accident by running into a deep out here in this forsaken wilderness", there isn't even any cell phone reception so I slowed down mostly just to get Becky to shut up about the damn deer as I had been watching it for at least 15 minutes ok so maybe only 10 minutes or so but I had seen it for the past mile or so and it was still daylight and you don't usually have any problems with deer running crazy on the road until it gets dark and we still have a couple hours of daylight and by then we would be in Kayenta where we could get a room. The next day I bought a dream catcher to hang on the rear view mirror of my truck not that I'm superstitious or anything but what the hell I think of it as cheap insurance and it can't hurt nothing, We can home through Cortez Colorado and back once more through Gallup which also is kinda interesting because the BIA pretty much as made Gallup the center of the Navajo Nation in terms of government services like health care and stuff like that but it's no where near the heart of the Navajo Nation and has pretty much just become a slum for Navajos. It's really quite a shame why the BIA does **** like that but you know the government also put the Hopi reservation right inside the Navajo nation and they are not what anyone would call friendly cultures so there is lots of animosity between the hopi and the Navajo that just seems to get worse every year. I think the zuni who are across the border in new mexico are better off but what do I know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 336 • Replies: 9
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:24 pm
I understand exactly what you mean, but I don't think I know what the hell you're talking about.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:24 pm
Smile chapter two please.........
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:27 pm
More than the cone of your volcano has worn away. I do hope the tinfoil sits well on your head, I suggest a rakish angle to promote a modern style.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:36 pm
OK, Just which one of you got him started???

Now he's on a roll and who knows when he'll stop, but then again, he usually knows when to stop except when he gets going---ACK--He's contagious!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:42 pm
I thought it was a pretty good paragraph.

But then I would. Did I tell you about...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:49 am
I love how Dys can say so much with so little verbage. Half way through the paragraph I wished it would never end. After a while I felt my wish had been granted. What is it, Diane, speed?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:53 am
JLN. I'm not able to answer your question with much certainty. His brain works differently than most, his sense of humor can be twisted, which, in my mind, makes it unique and, mostly, enjoyable.

Actually, he's a crazy old cowboy with a brain that never stops. It doesn't get much better than that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:58 am
were supposed to read that?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:58 am
Thanks, Diane. That's pretty much how I see him as well.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » the fine art of communication
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:15:40