What's with all these bloody farting children????!!!!!

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:59 am
When I was a kid, I was taught not to fart or burp in public....it might have meant that I nearly popped my innards, but by god, it made me the man I am today!!!

Sphincters of iron.

We reserved such activities for quiet evenings at home, or at least learned to do it silently, for heaven's sake!!!

Nowadays, I note, kids fart and burp at will....sometimes giggling and saying pardon. This matters to me, because I am forced to work with the little smeggers.

They act like adolescents or grown men.

This is the end of western civilization as we know it.

Discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:00 am
Yeah, right . . . and when the wimmins poop, it don't stink, either, huh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:01 am
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, right . . . and when the wimmins poop, it don't stink, either, huh?

You **** in PUBLIC?????
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:06 am
Bloody farts sound like something that should be seen to immediately.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:09 am
DrewDad wrote:
Bloody farts sound like something that should be seen to immediately.

One day I'll tell the tale of the brothers we called farter and caber-tosser.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:12 am
I had a friend who could light his back in college..not bloody - but flaming..pretty doggone impressive. And no smell...we were thankful
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:17 am
mismi wrote:
I had a friend who could light his back in college..not bloody - but flaming..pretty doggone impressive. And no smell...we were thankful

That's in COLLEGE!

Everyone lights farts in college.

I speak of small children who should know better and in whom we must fan the last embers of civilisation, lest we end up with elbows on the table, eating with our mouths open, and touching the blades of our knives with our forefingers when we eat.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:20 am
crap...you're not suppose to do that?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:23 am
mismi wrote:
crap...you're not suppose to do that?

No.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:38 am
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/misimi40/5.jpg

there is a subject for every dummy apparently

seriously - I do teach the boys not to do it in public. Though I will say it is hard to do so when all their friends are doing it. Just the same ol' same ol'. I used the dreaded phrase "well if your friends jump off a bridge are you going to?"

I will do my best to keep the civil in civilization through the passing on of good manners...fight the good fight...and all that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:49 am
I taught my cubs to do as I do.... let loose an sbd while walking through a crowd and then enjoy the looks on peoples faces... works well in elevators also.... if someone accuses you just tell them drily that the smellers the feller generally.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 09:21 am
Dem kids you work with are dumb. You should be proud of your farts later in life.

In grade school you are supposed to fart silently, wait for the smell to come up and then make a fuss against the dork next to you, calling him farthead a that sort of names, stopping the class and asking the teacher to send the dork to the nurse or something.
By now, the dork's ear are red, and somebody says: "whoever farted has hot ears", the dork touches his. He's doomed.

A strategy I've taught my children.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:16 am
I quit farting for a year once, but, I gained a lot of weight.

(credit to Steve Martin)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:19 pm
mismi wrote:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/misimi40/5.jpg

there is a subject for every dummy apparently

seriously - I do teach the boys not to do it in public. Though I will say it is hard to do so when all their friends are doing it. Just the same ol' same ol'. I used the dreaded phrase "well if your friends jump off a bridge are you going to?"

I will do my best to keep the civil in civilization through the passing on of good manners...fight the good fight...and all that.

Thank you!!!!!

A Mensch.

And get the little bastards to cover their mouths when they cough, and get up for old people on buses while you're at it, please.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I taught my cubs to do as I do.... let loose an sbd while walking through a crowd and then enjoy the looks on peoples faces... works well in elevators also.... if someone accuses you just tell them drily that the smellers the feller generally.

I always knew you'd be part of the problem....shrugs. It's your sort who sacked Rome.

fbaezer wrote:
Dem kids you work with are dumb. You should be proud of your farts later in life.

In grade school you are supposed to fart silently, wait for the smell to come up and then make a fuss against the dork next to you, calling him farthead a that sort of names, stopping the class and asking the teacher to send the dork to the nurse or something.
By now, the dork's ear are red, and somebody says: "whoever farted has hot ears", the dork touches his. He's doomed.

A strategy I've taught my children.

Our kids are way too bright for that ****. Everyone knows that the first person to execrate the fart is the author thereof. Sheesh.

cjhsa wrote:
I quit farting for a year once, but, I gained a lot of weight.

(credit to Steve Martin)

Lead me not into temptation...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:21 pm
This is something I never knew about kids until I started working in the classroom, they are stinky.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:25 pm
listen - boys especially. They can walk outside for two minutes and come back in and they smell...

dlowan...one of my boys opened the door for me this afternoon when I was getting in the car...I was pleased to say the least.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:29 pm
That reminds me of little Jill who came over to play with my daughter
when they were around 7 or 8 years old. At one point, Jill let a loud one
go, and my kid told her that this is not appropriate in public.

Little Jill was a bit embarrassed but then she got all serious and said very officiously: "My Mom said if you don't let it out you explode!!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:36 pm
littlek wrote:
This is something I never knew about kids until I started working in the classroom, they are stinky.

Oh yeah!!!!

mismi wrote:
listen - boys especially. They can walk outside for two minutes and come back in and they smell...

dlowan...one of my boys opened the door for me this afternoon when I was getting in the car...I was pleased to say the least.

I experience equal opportunity olfactory torment.

CalamityJane wrote:
That reminds me of little Jill who came over to play with my daughter
when they were around 7 or 8 years old. At one point, Jill let a loud one
go, and my kid told her that this is not appropriate in public.

Little Jill was a bit embarrassed but then she got all serious and said very officiously: "My Mom said if you don't let it out you explode!!"

Ha! That appears to be the belief. I had a parent actually say that, once.....the mother of the child universally known to us as Farter.

I have no problem with kids farting and such with each other and laughing and such, but I seriously do think that older kids ought to know not to fart in fairly formal situations.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:11 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Thus doth South Park enter our collective wisdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_Combustion_(South_Park_episode)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:16 pm
DrewDad wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

Thus doth South Park enter our collective wisdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_Combustion_(South_Park_episode)

You don't seriously think these parents are informed by South Park?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's with all these bloody farting children????!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:22:49