Look what I made !!!!

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:48 am
I feel so crafty!

I'm reorganzing my apt livingroom and the corner that is my office needs heavy work done lol.

So..in the process of cleaning out things it turns out that I have an OVERABUNDANCE of software CDs that are w/o cases or sleeves of any kind. I went shopping to get a CD tower that would hold them based on the hold in the middle and I couldn't find anything. Imagine MY surprise!!! So I made one.

am I the only idiot that has an abundance of discs with no clothes on? I have nekkid CDs enough to fill this stand...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/onyxelle/CDStand2.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,125 • Replies: 20
No top replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:54 am
That is clever Onyxelle. I have many also...I have been putting them in square envelopes I found and putting them in a hanging file folder in my little file cabinet. But I will run out of room and it is certainly not easty to get to them.

I am impressed...get a patent and sell it....you could become a millionaire!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:56 am
damn. maybe i should take the picture down.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:56 am
Tell us all about it. What's up with the foam base? Did you buy it that way or make it?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:02 am
I bought the foam base because it's perfectly circular, but you can easily make one from any foam that comes surrounding your shipped heavy products.

The stand is a wooen dowell that fits the circle.

There's felt on the bottom to keep it from scratching the shelf finish and felt on the top to keep from scratching the bottom CDs. I have peices of wax paper cut to size to keep the CDs from touching each other too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:03 am
I assume you people are kidding. There are hundreds of such items floating all over the place. I have several on my desk right now.

Sorry to rain on your parade, onyxelle, but the truth is important in these matters.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:03 am
All very nicely planned! How long did the wax paper take?

And how hard is it to find the CD you want?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:04 am
They're generally used for blanks.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:04 am
you're not raining on my parade. i just couldn't find it anywhere i looked. and I do mean anywhere.

I guess i looked in the wrong places. I am the first person to buy something I need, but it seemed to me I couldn't find one. Maybe you can send me one of yours Gus Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:05 am
Maybe. And maybe not.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:06 am
I have them that have blanks on them that came with the blanks, but what do I do with the ones that aren't blanks and just through carelessness have no clothes? I guess I could buy the one for blanks and toss the blanks? No..that wouldn't work...guess i'll stick with the one i made.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:06 am
Would you repeat that.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:08 am
Soz, that'd be nice to know, i think you'd have to organize them before you put 'em on? I am so used to flipping through them anyway, i just figured it would be good to have them all in one place...

and i couldn't see tossing my blanks somewhere to use that stand. ya know?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:08 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Would you repeat that.

no pffft
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:09 am
Can't you buy empty jewel cases for the ones that don't have covers? They are more awkward but they would protect the CD's. I just happened upon square envelopes around the house and just write what the CD or DVD is on the outside.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:09 am
yeah, i could. but i'm trying to save space at the same time. and I always end up crushing them. I'm not a very 'careful' person. This is a good option for me for those things that have no clothes.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:10 am
This thread has inspired me to invent a perfect cd holder. Give me a few hours (or days) to ponder this.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:10 am
I think it is great Onyxelle.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:11 am
i'm sure you will come up with something that I will paypal you hundreds of dollars for without thinking twice Gus. You're just so good like that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:34 am
So even if you have them organized, you still have to pull them off the spindle to get to the one you want?

Why not just put them in one of those cd wallets with the plastic see through sleeves?

That doesn't take up much space, and if you knock it off the desk, the disks won't all fall off.

You can get one that holds 24 for like 5 bucks, or one to hold a couple of hundred for less than 20....and all sizes and prices in between.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Look what I made !!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:35:22