I have to go lie down now....

Chai

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:36 pm
Not really.

In fact, I wish I could be back outside now, tending my garden, or sitting on the porch sharing the day with Wally.

But nooooooooo.......

Wally has a friend of a over (I recognized the car when I pulled in the driveway), who is actually a decent guy. A real "guy" guy where conversation with him is merely "how's it goin' gus" as a statement rather than a question. That's as far as it has to go.

But nooooooooo........

gus's wife, gerty is with him today.

gerty is fine. I'd pull her out of the river if she was drowning.

but that's as far as I feel our relationship needs to go.

the thing is, for some unknown reason, she farging adores me.

"HEY GORGEOUS!!!! HOW'S IT GOIN' BEAUTIFUL???!!!! HOW'S WORK?!.....
MY YOUR GARDEN IS LOOKING JUST WUNERFULL!!!"

hi gerty.....good.......fine.....thanks.....

She follows close behind me in my postage stamp size garden, observing my deadheading, and kicking feral cat **** out of the way, and gushing over some fern she found on customer appreciation day over where millie (no idea, think she might be a daughter) works.

that's swell gerty.

I tromp up the stairs, where Wally and gus are obliviously discussing what I would venture was "something", and say "wally, I have to go lie down now"

now, I'm trapped in the office, because I have no desire to do that.

I think I'll quickly sneak down the hall, and get on the rowing machine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 599 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:39 pm
Gushing, that is a stopper. I do understand it or do sometimes; think it comes from nervousness. Or, excitement. Anyway, I'm sympathetic to both the gusher and gushee.

Squeaking, though, that's really hard. I dealt with a woman associated with my work who must have either come from a squeaky woman family, or had some possible speaking disability. Well, I have a dreadful monotone myself, I'm glad people don't start to snore, so who am I to say, but I tended to want to get away, while being polite.

Turned out she was interesting, I had just had to get past the voice. (Nowhere to go row, in an office...)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:53 pm
Tie some sheets together and slip out the window?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Gushing, that is a stopper. I do understand it or do sometimes; think it comes from nervousness. Or, excitement. Anyway, I'm sympathetic to both the gusher and gushee.

Squeaking, though, that's really hard. I dealt with a woman associated with my work who must have either come from a squeaky woman family, or had some possible speaking disability. Well, I have a dreadful monotone myself, I'm glad people don't start to snore, so who am I to say, but I tended to want to get away, while being polite.

Turned out she was interesting, I had just had to get past the voice. (Nowhere to go row, in an office...)

Usually she insists on hugging me.

This time I managed to keep the crepe mrytle between us.

Don't get me wrong.....I gladly hug......some people.

I had a great hug with someone yesterday, someone who used to work for the same company as I do, left, now has decided to come back. I had my back to the door when she came in for her group interview, across from my office, and all she said was "chai?"

Didn't need to gush, turning around wasn't the first thing I did.

With my back still turned I said "hey girl" then just stood up and there we were in a hug.

No more needed to be said.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:03 pm
Awww, how about a hug? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:09 pm
I belong to a very huggy social group. I like hugs, and will hug most of them. I have a button that reads "Free Hugs! (Mutual consent required.)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:43 pm
I come from a big hugging family and always hugged friends and all but, as I grew older I realized that there are a lot of people out there who really don't like that kind of close contact.

One of my close friends really doesn't like close physical contact from others but, at least I know. I can ask her - Do you need a hug? She always says no but, maybe someday she will need one and I'll be there for her.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:44 am
Reyn wrote:

oh reyn, you know I'd give you a hug anytime!

Wy, the problem is, some huggers have a very loosely defined, if non existent definition of "mutual consent" To some, it apparently means you are occupying a place in the time/space continuum
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:47 am
Chai wrote:
Reyn wrote:

oh reyn, you know I'd give you a hug anytime!

I may take you up on that one day. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I have to go lie down now....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:32:34