maliyana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:28 am
What a pity .

No one know it .

Just regard as I say nothing .
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:42 am
Not that no one knows it, but maybe someone needs to start.

It sure was a period of real improvement in the arts and culture along with life conditions of the Chinese people.

One of the important things I remember from Song dynasty is that it was the first government to issue paper money...
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:17 pm
It is really a pity that barbarian conquer the civilization .

what is the relation between culture and technology ? ?

none , I think .

ah , too complex . I have no idea .

V1 , V2 , rocket. Hitler has technology , but he is a devil .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:44 am
maliyana, Western cultures do not study much about ancient China. Our student history books mostly concentrate on the time period in which Europeans arrived in Asia. We study things like the Boxer Rebellion and maybe some history of when the Jesuits arrived. Most American students could not name a single Chinese emperor or dynasty. We mostly learn about the period in which China became a Communist-Fascist state.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 07:58 am
maliyana wrote:

I'm not sure I consider it a pity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love the opportunity to learn.

I thought that when mongols conquered an area, they did not strip them of their culture. Instead, as long as they were acknowledged as the leader (in that revenues were paid to them), they had little interest in changing the locals way of life.

As the mongols traveled they carried with them parts of cultures already conquered. This resulted more in blendings, more than destruction.

In America, when Europeans came over the land, they dictated to the native people that things would be done the european way, or there would be death. Their lands were literally taken away from them, and they were left to find other places to live.

I thought the mongols, if a city gave in, didn't care that much about killing large numbers of people, just enough to let the rest know they were serious.

The mongols weren't particularly religious, in the sense I understand it, and didn't try to impose what beliefs they did have on others.

Am I wrong in all this?
0 Replies

tuppence

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 10:24 am
Tang dynasty and Song dynasty are great! Personally i like Shang dynasty.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:24 am
Re: Whats your apinion about Song Period of ancient China
maliyana wrote:

barbarians started civilization.

when u say barbarian you mean someone who speaks a language the "political" world hasn't heard yet.

prejudice is horrible.

bar-bar! blah blah! bar-bar!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 11:26 am
im a little pissed, mongols are my favorite people.

anyways, the pima people in north america have a direct chromosomal link to mongols.

interesting eh?
small world.
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:24 am
Green Witch wrote:
maliyana, Western cultures do not study much about ancient China. Our student history books mostly concentrate on the time period in which Europeans arrived in Asia. We study things like the Boxer Rebellion and maybe some history of when the Jesuits arrived. Most American students could not name a single Chinese emperor or dynasty. We mostly learn about the period in which China became a Communist-Fascist state.

haha . It is sure . and for myself , I dont no even president over the history of the usa .
haha my demand is too rigorous
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:36 am
tuppence wrote:

welcome to a2k .

haha , what a pity that I have to use another language to talk with you , but no hanyu .

this website didnot support hanyu , haha so funny .

My friend , I suggest u reading some article about ming dynasty ."ming shi" shi bu ke xin de . zui jin ji nian wang shang you hen duo guan yu ming chao de yan jiu , you hen duo NB de ren , wo bu duo shuo le ..ru guo ni yue du bing si kao le ,, jiang hui de dao hen duo ,, shou yi fei qian ..

haha ,, sorry you no my english is bad also .
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:06 am
Chai wrote:
maliyana wrote:

I'm not sure I consider it a pity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love the opportunity to learn.

I thought that when mongols conquered an area, they did not strip them of their culture. Instead, as long as they were acknowledged as the leader (in that revenues were paid to them), they had little interest in changing the locals way of life.

As the mongols traveled they carried with them parts of cultures already conquered. This resulted more in blendings, more than destruction.

In America, when Europeans came over the land, they dictated to the native people that things would be done the european way, or there would be death. Their lands were literally taken away from them, and they were left to find other places to live.

I thought the mongols, if a city gave in, didn't care that much about killing large numbers of people, just enough to let the rest know they were serious.

The mongols weren't particularly religious, in the sense I understand it, and didn't try to impose what beliefs they did have on others.

Am I wrong in all this?

history is itself ,, I think we learn history is not meryly to know what ??
but to learn How to prevent a disaster to happent a secend time .

I remember some one said ""also history is current history (or contemporary history)"" I hate this word ,, very ,very , but on the orther hand I have to admire it is great in some times .

I am confused now , please teach me .

where is the "" history"" ??
why we research it and we research it for what ??
Only for proving that I am right ??
If this , the viewpoint I persevere now is right ?? and his(her) is right ??
and where is the true ??
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:16 am
OGIONIK wrote:

anyways, the pima people in north america have a direct chromosomal link to mongols.

interesting eh?
small world.

Please . Ancients is not the now time people .

I like Roman , but I dont like Italian .

Objective. even absolute objective is not exist ,but we are pursuing.
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:25 am
Chai .

correct a word .
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I remember some one said ""also history is current history (or contemporary history)"" I hate this word ,, very ,very , but on the orther hand I have to admire it is great in some times .
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

""also"" should be ""all""
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 11:09 am
OGIONIK wrote:

You're in luck, OGIONIK. The Russian film "Mongol, the untold story of the rise of Ghengis Kahn" is having a limited U.S. opening on June 6. It has already had many festival showings. I believe it is very sympathetic toward G.K.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 12:58 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

You're in luck, OGIONIK. The Russian film "Mongol, the untold story of the rise of Ghengis Kahn" is having a limited U.S. opening on June 6. It has already had many festival showings. I believe it is very sympathetic toward G.K.

I'd like to see that also.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 01:25 pm
Chai wrote:
flyboy804 wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

I'd like to see that also.

Sounds like my kind of movie too. I'll have to get it from Netflix.
Here are the reviews:

Mongol -reviews
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 09:48 am
Reply to maliyana
maliyana wrote:
tuppence wrote:

welcome to a2k .

haha , what a pity that I have to use another language to talk with you , but no hanyu .

My friend , I suggest u reading some article about ming dynasty ."ming shi" shi bu ke xin de . zui jin ji nian wang shang you hen duo guan yu ming chao de yan jiu , you hen duo NB de ren , wo bu duo shuo le ..ru guo ni yue du bing si kao le ,, jiang hui de dao hen duo ,, shou yi fei qian ..

I think it was an interesting period of Chinese history.

Hi there-I just sent you a PM did you get it?
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:36 pm
Re: Reply to maliyana
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:
tuppence wrote:

welcome to a2k .

I think it was an interesting period of Chinese history.

Hi there-I just sent you a PM did you get it?

yes,got it
and i send you a email at [email protected]
1or2 month i will be not bussy.
and you can send me email:
[email protected]
we can talk,and learn from ourselves
good days
0 Replies