Update - here I am, back in Van-bloody-couver...

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:24 pm
#$%^&* mining exploration! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:25 pm
Dad, she lived frozen, now ya want her to try upside down...

(sheesh)

RH
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:40 pm
Mame, I got to the thread; you were homeless. By the time I finished reading, you were not homeless. You move fast, kid. (Or I read slow.)

I wish you well with whatever you end up doing. I won't be in Austin or Albuquerque. But if you're ever in the Big Apple, you let me know.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:48 pm
dadpad - yeah, you find me someone who'll fly me there to cook and I'll be a monkey's uncle. Love to get there. Love you aussies.

roberta - I'm there in spirit - I would LOVE to get to NY. sigh. One of these days.

Montana - LOL!!! You and your uranium mining!

Rocky - upside down - you're funny Smile Thought you were off to bed? Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:41 pm
Laughing well, at least I'm not alone. People be makin some big stink in these parts about it and when people around here make noise, they won't shut up until they get their way.

They're relentless, I tell ya Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:04 am
Hey Mame

I got to bed and wake up and find you found a home!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT! (k - not quite where ya wanna be...... but let's go with the EXCELLENT for the moment). The chef "sharer" - let us know if that works out..

and tomorrow is the weekend so you get to go out and play with a new friend (oh, really hoping he's alright) and have a good time.

Now - just the job situation. What kinda jobs are you looking for.... can you try something completely different (not that what just did wasn't completely different in my book) but something other than cooking.....? Something different for you.

(((Montana)))
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:11 am
Mame wrote:
Love to get there. Love you aussies.

Of course you do. Whats not to love.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:31 am
Roberta wrote:
Mame, I got to the thread; you were homeless. By the time I finished reading, you were not homeless. You move fast, kid. (Or I read slow.)

My response precisely...

Great news!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:40 am
Mame--

Don't you recognize An Intermission when you see one? Come June your life will be gloriously complicated again.

May is Intermission Month.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 09:45 am
Noddy, yes, exactly - an Intermission. And my life is NOT going to get complicated, thank you!

I met with Conrad yesterday, you know, the married guy who is the president of the company I just worked for? He is trying to put together a deal that will enable the camp to run again some time in June and wanted to know if I will cook for them again. Yes, if I am free! He's a very likeable chap and treats me well.

Today I'm meeting with Judy (we spoke last night) at about noon to view the place, but it's basically a done deal. She's looking after her brother who is dying of cancer and I admire her for doing that. She's been living with him since December and has been paying for both their homes. What a woman. I like her already. This situation suits my needs to a T, and we got along like a house on fire last night, so I think it's going to be good.

Will post next when I hear about my next contract Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:49 pm
Best of luck to you Mame :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:12 pm
Mame
Mame, while you are grumping about sitting around, doing nothing, have you thought of volunteering to cook in one of the kitchens that feed the poor?

Just an idea to keep you out of trouble.

BBB
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:37 pm
BBB, I have better things to do this weekend, believe me. I'm picking Alex up at the airport tomorrow and we're going straight to a secret hideaway.

I got the sublet. It's right in the West End so I can walk everywhere. $565 and it includes a parking spot, laundry, internet, hydro, cable and phone. Whew. That was close, eh? Laughing

After Sunday I'll concentrate on finding work.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:47 pm
Montana wrote:
Laughing well, at least I'm not alone. People be makin some big stink in these parts about it and when people around here make noise, they won't shut up until they get their way.

They're relentless, I tell ya Laughing

I'll bet you're right, Montana. Same goes for all the Canadians I have met - including Mame. Relentless suckers, all. Must be something in the water, eh.

Actually Mame has a sweet disposition, but I would think twice about crossing her. She talks funny too....

Good luck to you both!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:57 pm
ob1 - "sweet" I am NOT! You looking to pick a fight avec MOI??? Montana is sweet - I am ... "dangerous". Yeah, I like that. Huh. Maybe I just better come down to wherever the hell it is you live and have a little chat with you...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:13 pm
Hate to be the one to break the news to you, babe, but you were sweet, and I could get to you without much effort. Razz I don't doubt that, seriously aroused, you could be dangerous, but I would never do that without a little planning and forethought.

Montana is the cranky one.

But I like you both.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:33 pm
Have a good time, Mame..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:37 pm
Thank you George and I like you too :-D

I think I'm both sweet and grumpy at times, but I sure do appreciate you all tolerating my crazy Canadian butt :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:39 pm
Have a great time Mame :-D
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:11:03