So? Tell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,307 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:20 am
we had the window open last night -- slept like a log!

had a couple dreaded bouts with insomnia last week.
hoping that doesn't happen again any time soon...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:22 am
I didn't. And I'm grouchy and feelin' mean today! Laughing

Didn't get to bed till about 4am because I had studying to do and some homework on top of that. Set my alarm for 6:30 so I could be at work at 8. A pheasant was outside my window prior to the alarm going off and the little turd started squawking and woke me up. Cheated me out of almost a half hours sleep.

Now I have to leave in about 9 minutes for 2 mid afternoon classes. And I'm thinkin it's gonna be hard to not fall asleep driving. I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me. Will be late before I get home. And most likely.......will be up late again tonight.

I don't do drugs.......but have thought about taking them up. Very Happy I have to find my own adrenaline to run on.

This weekend.......I will find time to sleep. God willing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:16 am
Well, JustBrooke, it looks like Regis is outnumbered (the rat, "slept like a log!")

I woke up at 2 am and could not fall back asleep until a half hour before having to wake up. When that happens, getting out of bed is ten times more difficult. And I agree with you-- a half hour's sleep is a lot and can take care of not being grouchy.

Oh well. Let's hope the Sandman is kind to us in the coming days.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 12:27 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
we had the window open last night -- slept like a log!

had a couple dreaded bouts with insomnia last week.
hoping that doesn't happen again any time soon...

I also slept well. Cool
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 01:00 pm
Now I feel a little guilty for calling Regis a rat, seeing as he experienced insomnia the previous week.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 01:05 pm
I slept like a log too - despite Fido roaming around the house again Evil or Very Mad

Having slept through the night and gotten enough sleep is essential to
feeling good. To say it with a James Brown tune "I feel good"! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 01:15 pm
Not worth a damn . . . i woke up at 3:30, and couldn't get back to sleep. It was probably after 5:00 before i finally got back to sleep, and, of course, i had to get up a little more than an hour later.

I'm bushed . . .
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 05:54 pm
Gala wrote:
Now I feel a little guilty for calling Regis a rat

tweren't nothin'... hope you don't lose any sleep over it :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 06:10 pm
I stayed up too late again and got my second wind....once I get my second wind I can't go back to sleep - it was after two before I fell asleep...and then up at 6:00am...4 hours is just not enough sleep for me - I require at least 7
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 06:21 pm
I have some form of insomnia, but I rather like it. I go to bed around 11 and usually wake up (I mean really awake) around 2:30. I get up and go into another room and read, or clean the kitchen, or do some computer work. Around 4:30 AM I go back to bed and sleep until about 7 in the summer and 8 or 9 in the winter. I've had this since I was in my 20's and it usually happens 4 or 5 nights out of the week.

I once read an Margaret Mead article about tribal lifestyles. It was normal for tribal people to sleep on and off within a 24 hour cycle. People would nap during the day and often get up in the middle of the night to sit by the fire and talk. The idea of 8 hours of sleep at a time was not the norm, but rather a series of shorter, deeper sleep periods around the clock. I think I must have some of that primitive DNA still in me.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 07:29 pm
I sleep lousy every night. I'm up every 2 hours to pee, I go back to sleep and get up again in another 2 hours. Embarrassed It's sure fun being "62"!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:22 am
Not so good with me either. I fell asleep ok, but woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. After tossing and turning, I got up and read for an hour or two, fell asleep on the couch and had a tough time getting up.

Recently I have one bad night - I have lots of things on my mind and tend to wake or have trouble falling asleep. Then the next night I am so exhausted I sleep no problem. Then the next night, I have trouble again.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:12 am
I slept like a rock once I got my foam ears plugs shoved up those ear canals!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:31 pm
To bed @ 11 last night and slept till 11:30.......the next day. Shocked I think pure exhaustion (or laziness) must have got the best of me cuz I have never slept for 12.5 hours without even waking up to go the bathroom.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:28 pm
i slept great, for the last 2 nights ive slept in a bed instead of the floor and i have actually had dreams for the first time in like 2 years.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 12:27 pm
It was a warm night last nght - so the a/c came on first time this year.

Slept like a baby - woke up every 2 hours and wanted to suck on a t.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:34 pm
You did not!!! Laughing

(Good to see you back here, G!)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 06:49 am
plantress wrote:
I slept like a rock once I got my foam ears plugs shoved up those ear canals!

Hey, be careful with those. They can make the earwax go into the canal--which means you'll have to get them irrigated. I speak from experience. I've been using white noise, a fan, for years to block out sounds.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 06:52 am
slept like a baby... but woke up early...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How'd you sleep last night?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:25:41