Post Secret Redux

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:14 am
As much as I feel many of the post cards sent in to Post Secret are not indeed secrets, or is stuff of an unsecretworthy nature, almost every week there are one, maybe two, that either amuse, interest, or give me pause. Some make me chuckle, others have brought a tear to my eye from the sadness, or horror.

Sometimes I think "I should post this picture on A2K" but, it's never appropos of any current thread. So, I'm creating my own.

Here's 2 for starters. They aren't particularly brilliant, but the first one hit a chord with me as I've felt the same way, and the second because it's just so honest.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SAIJdom-TEI/AAAAAAAAEp8/ZVF-OuK9Y3s/s400/omni.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SAIJFYm-S8I/AAAAAAAAEo8/R6-4dXHiWq0/s400/pubes.jpg

Now I've got a place to post them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,067 • Replies: 24
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:56 am
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68735&start=0
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 08:08 am
If all of post secrets were like this cat one I'd pay closer attention. It's touching and universal, something I look at and say, Wow, that is so true...without being lewd information.

I don't care about most of the "secrets", they're toooo personal and perhaps made up. But most important, I don't want to know, especially the second link you posted.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:38 am

That's why I called it redux. This is me posting the one's that hit me.

Gala, yeah, the one's like the cat make me smile, realizing I'm not alone in little feelings about everyday occurances.

However, sometimes the 2nd one, strikes a chord, not, in this case because of the sexual nature, but here it made me realize "what things do we do that we truly would change, if no one was looking?"

Or something like that.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:53 am
Chai wrote:

That's why I called it redux. This is me posting the one's that hit me.

Gala, yeah, the one's like the cat make me smile, realizing I'm not alone in little feelings about everyday occurances.

However, sometimes the 2nd one, strikes a chord, not, in this case because of the sexual nature, but here it made me realize "what things do we do that we truly would change, if no one was looking?"

Or something like that.

I know what you mean, Chai, about the second one.

I guess I've gotten to a point in life where I am more selective in what I view. I've given up on TV, and sometimes radio is a bit much. So the chic who sent the postcard about her former beau seems close to conversations I would have with friends from college-- that card is more like a conversation that I do not want to have or hear. You know, "here's the dumb things I did..." Hey, I don't think there's a woman on this planet who has not, in some form or another, done something for a guy they look back on and say..."what the #@$! was I thinking..."

But back to the kittie postcard. That one is brilliant in a quiet, simple way. I can see their heads bobbing up and down as they peer around...something very touching, safe and sad about the whole thing.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:46 pm
Oh, I'm glad you started this, Chai--I really like Post Secret, but I never remember to check it...and if somehow I DO think of looking at it, it always happens to be a boring week... now I can just sit back and let you post the highlights for me!

...as far as these two go, I actually think the pubes one is a lot more interesting, visually anyway. The picture on the cat one is just a little "meh" to me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:19 pm
Here's one that stopped me today.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SGbm7QxJKPI/AAAAAAAAFU4/Cba5m1J_wAA/s400/checks.jpg

It made me wonder...

For people who are passive agressive, and know it, what does it feel like you are doing?

For people who do annoying things, like the above, I guess it's the thrill of having some kind of "power" over someone's emotions.

But, in the cases where you are dealing with people you work with for instance, what's being passive agressive all about?

People who "accidently" keep making the same mistakes, or new ones, because they don't want to be given responsibility for instance.

If I was given the task of 1st saying to someone "I don't want to be responsible for this".....and then given the task of "ok, do what they want you to do, but let there be mistakes, errors, blunders etc. When they call it to you attention, don't improve. When they eventually show frustration, play innocent, but don't improve. If they become angered, again feighn innocence and act hurt. Let this go on for weeks or months until the other person finally gives up and takes the responsibility from you.

Seems to me the 2nd way is a lot harder, not to mention time consuming.

Isn't it more difficult having to deal with a person or people who are getting more and more aggravated? If the passive aggressive person just let them know what they wanted or didn't want, there'd be a lot less hurt feelings, time wasted and really, you would be liked a lot more.

Any PA's out there who would like to respond?

Or, are you just going to sit there and let me ask a few more times?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:45 pm
Ha. This is complicated. I find PA's to be the most annoying people because they can never be honest or direct-- and in this instance of the grocery line check writing, it's an example of just how flawed the "revenge" can be. PA's tend to be drama kings or queens.

I recently was the victim (this is said lightly) of some PA behavior from a guy who had some romance potential, alas, early on he shined with a dilly of said behavior. Although I was disappointed, I also wiped my brow in relief to find out so early on, now he's been completely downgraded to marginal, but receiving polite status.

As for working with people like this, that's more sticky, because you're in the same quarters with them for a proscribed amount of time for most days of the week. I chalk their behavior up to a laziness, sheer and total irresponsibility, laziness, knowing that there's someone in the organzation who will carry them through because it's easier for them to do their work then to try to get them to do it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 03:01 pm
oh Gala, I worked with a PA person for years. She left about a year ago, and she would be shocked I'm sure to know that no one misses her in the least.

I'll tell ya, looking at her objectively, she was a really interesting case. It took me longer than I'd like to admit, but I finally learned not to get involved with her life in any way.

One thing she wasn't was lazy. In fact, she was really good at her job. But she couldn't for the life of her figure out why no one really wanted to include her in anything.

Not only was she passive agressive, but a drama queen, and constantly in search of a savior. With woman she wanted a savior in that "oh look how I need help with this, even though I know I'm the one who overcomplicated it in the first place." With men, well that's another story.

Finally, I let her fail. Not for her own good, but for my own sanity. She learned not to expect anything of me, but could never figure out what she had done to make Chai not want to help her. Rolling Eyes

I know alot about this person, and figured out over the years her life story was one of those f'd up ones.

For "normal" PA's....what do you think you're accomplishing?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 03:12 pm
Normal PA's-- then I guess they're the lazy ones...all PA's I've known are lazy-- they take the PA route because it's the easiest. Instead of doing some self-examination they simply enlist the help of anyone and everyone willing to be sucked in.

One more thing...I consider everyone to be f'd up in their own special way.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 04:21 pm
you are correct, about the being F'd up.

I don't know, I think lazy people are just lazy, they'll tell you so right to your face. "I'm not going to do that, I don't care"

Not saying some lazy people aren't PA's, but some PA's are not lazy.

Somewhere along the line, they got the message it's not okay to just say it like it is.....trouble is, now they've committed themselves to a lot more work, and more stressful.

I'd sure feel stressed, even if I didn't want to be, if people started giving me the evil eye, like "****, there's that damn PA Chai. She sure is PA. I'll bet she's so PA she wants to have sex with me, but is just too PA to come out and say it."

So, overall, you are forcing them to rape you, so then you can tell them you didn't want to get raped. So then they can be all like "well, you were acting so PA I figured you wanted it."

Oh, like I didn't want to say I didn't want to have sex with you, because then you'd be all...hurt and everthing. It's totally your fault you couldn't figure out I didn't want to have sex. Wait, no, maybe it's my fault. I just won't say anything.

damn. that's pretty much it, isn't it? They'd rather spend all this time and energy not telling you they don't want sex with you, so, when you rape them, it can all be your fault.

Some PA better show and and verify that for me.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm
Chai, your mind works in weird and wonderful ways. The scary thing is, I followed all of that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:06 pm
I like to keep my topics pertinent to other threads going on.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:16 pm
Chai wrote:
I like to keep my topics pertinent to other threads going on.

That's what we like about you. :wink:
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:42 am
Chai wrote:
you are correct, about the being F'd up.

I don't know, I think lazy people are just lazy, they'll tell you so right to your face. "I'm not going to do that, I don't care"

Not saying some lazy people aren't PA's, but some PA's are not lazy.

Somewhere along the line, they got the message it's not okay to just say it like it is.....trouble is, now they've committed themselves to a lot more work, and more stressful.

I'd sure feel stressed, even if I didn't want to be, if people started giving me the evil eye, like "****, there's that damn PA Chai. She sure is PA. I'll bet she's so PA she wants to have sex with me, but is just too PA to come out and say it."

So, overall, you are forcing them to rape you, so then you can tell them you didn't want to get raped. So then they can be all like "well, you were acting so PA I figured you wanted it."

Oh, like I didn't want to say I didn't want to have sex with you, because then you'd be all...hurt and everthing. It's totally your fault you couldn't figure out I didn't want to have sex. Wait, no, maybe it's my fault. I just won't say anything.

damn. that's pretty much it, isn't it? They'd rather spend all this time and energy not telling you they don't want sex with you, so, when you rape them, it can all be your fault.

Some PA better show and and verify that for me.

A couple of things-- I think PA's are lazy because they do not want to make to take the time or effort to examine why they behave in such a way. In my experience, all PA's have been lazy in this way, they'd prefer to repeat the drama then to see the cycle end.

My experiences with them are more along the lines of whiners, complainers, never saying what they mean, shirking responsibility, etc.

I grew up in a family of 'em. Here's an example-- I was always dependent on my siblings to get me to and pick me up from school because I was too young to drive. I don't think I was picked up on time once after school-- if it was an hour later, I was lucky.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 07:39 am
I have 2 post secret books. I got them because they were so interesting to me, and even though they are anonymous, it's still got to be hard to put some of the things people say out there.

It amazes me, amuses me, saddens me, makes me feel great about myself, makes me hate myself. I just think it's a great idea.

Good thread Chai.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 07:26 am
I'll bet this person was told more than once in his life "That's in your imagination" by his mom.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SHAGoMMGOEI/AAAAAAAAFZ0/I9fh2Nvm-
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 07:14 am
http://bp1.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SHl4AsA4RNI/AAAAAAAAFdc/TV2tBM_c4fE/s400/shelter.jpg

This one....I know there's knashing of teeth in "no woman deserves to be hit" land.

but, really, inside, I think we've all known someone we've felt this way about.

If you say "not me", then, you're lying, maybe mostly to yourself.

oh, not necessarily the beating itself, but I can certainly say I've known people where you totally understand why someone would like to smack them one.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 07:18 am
Yeah, I've felt that way.

Not that anyone DESERVES to be hit or beat or verbally assulted.

But there are people who you can understand why someone snapped.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 07:36 am
There was this girl I'd known since first grade. I never really liked her. I had to do things like invite her to my birthday party because our parents were in the same business type of thing.

Even as a little kid, she was just over the top.

We went to the same high school as well. During the last couple of years we were in the same group of girl friends together, but not necessary friends ourselves....oh, we were friendly, didn't really dislike her, just, never liked her. When we were old enough to start going to bars, have our own cars and stuff, she really went hog wild. Man could she drink. Which made her even more over the top.

She was the type of person where, you could be doing something with one or 2 people, having a conversation, watching a movie, deciding where to go, but went she showed up, everything went into a whirlwind, centered around her. Nothing could stop it from suddenly become whatever it was she wanted to do. There was never such a thing as a peaceful sitting around of friends.

I wasn't the first, or the only one in that group of friends that said at least once "Someone needs to just smack her"

May sound odd, but there was no problem with any of us remaining in this group of friends, even her. Hard to describe.

does that make sense?
0 Replies