Changing your clothes changes your personality

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:09 am
have you ever found that different clothes seem to change your personality?

Do you choose your clothes according to mood, or is it a purely practical consideration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 642 • Replies: 19
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:11 am
Oh yeah.

It's the whole feedback loop thing. Your clothes get certain reactions which then makes you more likely to act in a certain way, etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 10:05 am
Wearing a swirly skirt makes for a whole different ehBeth.

(ask anyone at our office today)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:11 pm
When I change my clothes I feel no different. I'm still the same ol' lovable boy.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:15 pm
You look kinda different in them clothes, Jack.

Are you trying to hide the accent?

RH
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:24 pm
Oh yeah. I have about 4 different groups of different cloths Not including my night cloths) and I dress with my mood.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not the cloths that change the mood, it's the mood that changes the cloths :-D

I have 3 groups of pjs too.

Some people think I'm a little nuts, but that's ok :-D
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:29 pm
every day is different. that's what clothes and accessories are for.

dadpad, i'm sure that even you send off and feel a different vibe if and when you have to wear a tux, for example.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:35 pm
In my early 20's I wore black a lot...head to toe....often with a vest and longcoat....{think Lucius Malfoy, with not so blonde hair} my wife and sister pestered me constantly to wear some "color", but I pretty much ignored them until the whole goth scene came about....I'll be glad when they go away.

As far as it effecting my personality....cavalier.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:00 pm
Definitely. There was my black clothed beatnik period, which was interlaced with my preppy collegian era, both of those involving switching to a nurses uniform for after school work hours. I was never a hippy as such, but I had a love for long swirly skirts, great boots.. and all that was after my early sixties Jackie Kennedy routine. In the eighties when I worked and went to school (again) I was into ease, tee shirts and jeans. Lots of sneaker wearing for both jogging and foot comfort. I had two long episodes of thrift shop exploration, the second of those still going strong. I've followed Paris and Milan fashions, just to look, and avoided fashion for years. Now I think of clothes as fun. Mood related, absolutely.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:05 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
In my early 20's I wore black a lot...head to toe....often with a vest and longcoat....{think Lucius Malfoy, with not so blonde hair} my wife and sister pestered me constantly to wear some "color", but I pretty much ignored them until the whole goth scene came about....I'll be glad when they go away.

As far as it effecting my personality....cavalier.

I'm a black cloths girl as well. Not nearly as much as I was when I was younger, but I still have a good stash Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:52 pm
should I ever happen to acquire a personality perhaps I shall attempt to acquire clothes that would match.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:57 pm
Yep, Dys has a collection of various colored western shirts, a couple pair of boots, several jeans ranging in color from denim to stone-washed--not with stones, just from age--to black. He has worn this selection of clothing for most of his 63 years. He is what he is and he always has been...what he is.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 07:59 pm
dyslexia wrote:
should I ever happen to acquire a personality perhaps I shall attempt to acquire clothes that would match.

Renegade!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:00 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Renegade!
LOL
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:04 pm
That's my favorite cowboy :-D
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:35 pm
Renegade--what a memory tai chi! That's just what he is without need of a special wardrobe.

Montana--you're one of his favorite Canajuns.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:37 pm
And I stand extremely proud, Ms. Diane :-D
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:37 pm
Dadpad, have you read any of the studies that show a change of behavior as a result of what people wear? Also, the perception of an individual by others is largely affected by what he or she wears--right or wrong.

That old saying, "Perception is reality" is so true.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:03 pm
Re: Changing your clothes changes your personality
dadpad wrote:
have you ever found that different clothes seem to change your personality?

Do you choose your clothes according to mood, or is it a purely practical consideration.

ive noticed peoples perceptions of me change drastically according to my attire.

i buy 6 shirts for 20 dollars, all black and white, some colored t's when i see a shirt thats nifty. all my jeans are the same price, malls jeans anchor blue, etc...

But when my hair is long (i was trying to be an emo kid EMO GIRLS ARE SO HAWT JESUS CHRIST) its all long and nasty. i look like a bum, when i cut it short (think marine haircut, but not so much all the hair on top...i guess?) i feel way better, my confidence goes way up.

it is what it is. girls say i look hot almost bald. i say duh, im the grand lord of all sexiness.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:09 pm
oh yeah, right now every item of clothing is falling apart, alas jobless, i shall retire to the depths of lonlieness, the abyss of despair that is not having a girlfriend.

and it sucks because it because of looks, without regard to personality. but looks are cool, but personality is everything.

my friend thought i was gay for not getting with this one hollister girl, i was like dude shes hot, but shes got nothin "up there", im 23 bro, sex is cool but shes just floating thru life. i want passion SON!

sex lasts 30 minutes.

orgasms last a minute or two.

conversations can last hours.

what happened to women with passion?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Changing your clothes changes your personality
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:31:37