Protestors in London - You make me SICK.

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 05:50 pm
All right.

I've had enough of this.

I am pro-China but I have kept a relatively open mind about the Tibetan protests till now.

Now being when I saw the horrifying scenes in London of the pro-Tibetan protestors trashing the torch ceremony.

Now being when I saw the protestors trying to douse the flames of the torch and injuring the torch bearers.

Now when I had no idea that there were pro-Chinese supporters cheering the event because of western media bias. I only found out when a friend in London told me first hand what happened.

What on EARTH are those protestors THINKING? Be angry all you like about Tibet, support your mislead values, but for god's sake, you DO NOT mix up a national event with an INTERNATIONAL event as important as the Olympics. The Olympics holds both international and historical value - it IS NOT TO BE USED AS A PLATFORM for selfish pro-Tibetans who only want to advance their own goals - or just cause trouble. This is not the message of the Olympics, it is not the message of what the Olympics are supposed to be!

Why does the western media keep playing on these sympathies? Why did they fail to show the Chinese supporters? Why is there such bias?

I'm angry, not on behalf of China, but on behalf of the Olympics, that its been degraded to such an insulting level because of a couple of trouble makers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,080 • Replies: 0
No top replies