What is your earliest memory?

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:44 am
Hello Ossobucco & Everyone else.

Feels like home with you pals around.

The black leather strap was also a feature of our summer cottage life. It hung there on a nail as a warning to all bad children.

This I think is my second first memory. I finally got my own bedroom.I must have been between 3 and 5. I remember sitting on the bed with my door closed. Imagine that I now had my own world. Then as i looked up on that snowy night I saw the reflection of the room in the window.I immediately thought Wow, that couldn,t be the opposite equal world on another side of this demension? Could it be i simply open the window and put my foot out and go into that other room and explore? Well I thought it couldn't really be but maybe you just had to try it with conviction and then it works. Well I opened the window as quietly as I could, maybe 8 inches.Crouched on the cast iron radiator and while still seeing the reflection of the room in the top window, i put my foot out to feel where it would go. Well it landed in the snow and there was no mistake to be sure, but i did then look through the lower open window to make absolutely sure. I decided well I didn't think it would be that simple to arrive at that place.

Whats interesting to me was that was 1960 or something .
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:54 am
Eva wrote:
No, no, smokingunne...I meant it! Setanta really DOES know more than the rest of us! Have you read any of his essays on the history forum? He really should publish some of them. He has given many of us here a good education.

Eva, I missed this one, no I haven't read any yet but I will. I guessed that
when I read the above post of his.
Thanks for the tip. :wink:
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 11:08 am
Algis, so the grass wasn't greener on the other side. :wink:
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:37 pm
Hi smokin! no it wasn't but i am still looking for the right passage.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 09:24:33