Should we give it one more chance

caramel

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:54 pm
Seeing what the boards on IMDb have become, I think this place here is the perfect place to post and have intelligent discussions, have fun, tell jokes, rant if we want too, what 'The way we were' used to be.

What do you all think should we invite people over?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 14
No top replies

dan-124

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:26 pm
one more try
I haven't been on the boards much because it seems like there is not much going on except for people going after one another or the same old posts. i have been waiting for the air to clear to get back on. I will give this board another try if others want to do so.
0 Replies

dan-124

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:23 am
Lots of looks on this message
But no replies! Quelle dilemm
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:54 am
Re: one more try
dan-124 wrote:
I haven't been on the boards much because it seems like there is not much going on except for people going after one another or the same old posts. i have been waiting for the air to clear to get back on. I will give this board another try if others want to do so.

Thanks for replying, I have also been waiting for the air to clear out but looks like pollution is taking over. Too bad.

I only sent a few PM but if you want to invite more people over go ahead. I miss the interaction of people having a nice chat and having fun without being called names.
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 06:04 pm
Quote:
having a nice chat and having fun without being called names.

Sounds like I've missed something in the Sandbox...

I've been in Germany for 6 days, and I must say, I'd never missed the IMDb Message Boards as least as this time. If there wasn't "Classic Film" I would've time to meet real people or watch movies int he evening :wink:

But seriously, there seems to be no good place for a harmless chat or some fun on the other place, so I would be happy if this T3W got another chance!
0 Replies

pOOper-

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 09:18 am
Invite?
Rolling Eyes I have very few people that i'd want to share any thoughts with but if any here have suggestions let's here them.
Ron Question
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 05:28 pm
Invite?
pOOper* wrote:
Rolling Eyes I have very few people that i'd want to share any thoughts with but if any here have suggestions let's here them.
Ron Question

So why don't you go ahead and ask them if they are interested in posting here. If they are tell me and I will PM them what to do.

And this is also good for anyone who wants to invite someone here.
0 Replies

pOOper-

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:01 am
I'll consider it. HEAR me here ok?
Ron
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 09:59 am
Then
brunt wrote:

But seriously, there seems to be no good place for a harmless chat or some fun on the other place, so I would be happy if this T3W got another chance!

Why don't you invite some of the posters from the Classic Board. I see that sometimes there Trolls invade some of your posts. This place would be a nice place for them, they could also post in the 'Film' board over here they seems like a nice bunch of people here.
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 02:04 pm
Quote:
Why don't you invite some of the posters from the Classic Board. I see that sometimes there Trolls invade some of your posts.

I wonder if there are people who like to talk about somehting else than movies Laughing
And the trolls are mostly regulars who simply go berserk (if youa re referring to Mrs. Sprockets.

Well, I will meet two posters of Classic Film in person this weekend (I'm going to London, first the first time since I'd arrived in England 16 months ago!), maybe I will ask them if they would enjoy a quiet place for "normal" chatting...
0 Replies

pOOper-

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 04:14 pm
Inviting English persons!!! And you're telling caramel
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 04:22 pm
pOOper* wrote:
Inviting English persons!!!

Well as long as it's not the Queen, I don't mind. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
Inviting English persons?
Actually one of them is American - jiankevin is vising the other side of the pond.

Two or three months ago scullyfox tried to organise a meeting of all the British Sandboxers, but nobody was willing to travel.

I don't think that the Queen is posting in the IMDb. Or maybe she uses an alias - I'd always suspected Dehlia for not being really the tattooed lady Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 04:56 pm
Re: Inviting English persons?
brunt wrote:
Actually one of them is American - jiankevin is vising the other side of the pond.

Two or three months ago scullyfox tried to organise a meeting of all the British Sandboxers, but nobody was willing to travel.

Is the other one that you are going to me is scullyfox? If you don't want to tell me that's OK.

I hope you will have a great time with them. Smile
0 Replies

brunt

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 01:11 am
There's no secret about the meeting...
... I am sure we will write about it next week in "Classic Film".

It is a shame, but I've never met scullyfox - and she's from Bristol. But last year she'd started studying in London, and so she's far away (well, everyone in America will laugh, but here in Europe 100 miles are a long distance!).

No, ali will be the other poster. jiankevin initiated this meeting, and ali and I are surely the post prolific posters from the UK in CF. "Sadly" jiankevin's wife will also come, she's not an IMDber, so we must find other topics than movies to talk about :wink:
But I am really looking forward to see some people from the internet in real life. I still fear that everything is just a virtual world, like in "The Matrix"...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should we give it one more chance
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:43:39