Tongue Piercing

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 10:13 pm
Tell me about yours.

did it hurt, how long did the pain last,

Did your tongue swell up at all, if so how long.

I am going to get one. My biggest concern is the swelling. lol

What did you do to prevent swelling too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 626 • Replies: 9
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 10:19 pm
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=healthpierce07&date=20030907&query=tongue+piercing

http://www.drhendry.ca/InfoAndLinks/TonguePiercing/Piercing.html

I don't have one.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 11:25 pm
Know some folks wish they didn't...

RH
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 12:57 pm
Are you concerned with the possibility you might lisp? (Not meaning to sound judgmental, but it's something I've noticed with tongue piercings.)
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 01:12 pm
My son had one--well I guess it still is pierced, but he rarely wears the stud anymore.

We told him his stud required careful annunciation because his mom and I couldn't understand the clicking mumble. Later his dentist told him to be careful because he was chipping the enamel off of the back of his teeth. Then he got a job that restricted tongue piercing studs during work hours. Finally at about age 25 or so he did a cost benefit analysis of the tongue stud and put it in a drawer for special occasions--since then those occasions have become more and more special.

Rap
0 Replies

countrygirl102377

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 09:03 pm
Are you guys trying to scare me really. I was only asking if anyone who has one, how long it took for the swelling and such.

None of that bugs me really, it is like getting your ears pierced and can have problems, same with navel and such.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 09:41 pm
Sorry, but...no, actually, it isn't the same.

The mouth harbors far more bacteria than earlobes or navels, so infections are much more common. And much more serious.

Ear and navel piercings are relatively safe. About the worst thing that can happen with an ear or navel piercing is that the jewelry can get caught on something and rip the skin. Which, of course, is a fairly rare happening, and even then, it will heal. Tongue studs damage your teeth, which do not heal, and the damage cannot be repaired. You'll be setting yourself up for dental problems for years to come.

After all the horror stories my dentist friend has related about tongue piercings, I'd rather see someone pierce just about anything else.

Talk to your dentist if you think I'm off-base.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2008 10:34 pm
Eva's right. A friend of mine had her's done and she finally had to give it up. It never healed properly. Trouble from the get-go. Then again...I have other friends with no problems.

I have no personal experience. All I have done are my ears and navel.
I think I would do a lot of research and talk to my dentist before getting it done so you know all the risks.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 11:57 am
Quote:
The mouth harbors far more bacteria than earlobes or navels, so infections are much more common. And much more serious.

I'll second that.
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:31 pm
why
Why would you do such a thing? What am I not getting?

Someone mentioned sex once but really, who is worth that? The mouth is a sea of bacteria. Can you imagine yourself 35 years older and how big that hole is going to be? Everything sags in time. The little rose tattoo you get on your breast will end up on your stomach. What may have said, "I love Ralph" may wind up years later saying I ***R***h

All aren't bad. I once saw a young man who had a ring through both his upper and lower lip. I thought to myself, "good, he can't talk back".
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tongue Piercing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:36:55