Parking lot lowlifes

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:33 pm
Yes, Dys, you rather use your warm heart than your cold brain.

What we should do is decriminalize drugs, destroying the illegal market and providing drugs FREE to addicts WITH therapy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 09:01 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Yes, Dys, you rather use your warm heart than your cold brain.

What we should do is decriminalize drugs, destroying the illegal market and providing drugs FREE to addicts WITH therapy.

I'm fine with legalizing drugs and supplying access to therapy. Although you can't help an addict quit until they want to, and they have to sink very low before they even consider getting help. I've seen how a similar system works in Switzerland, it's not perfect, but it's better than all the money we waste here with our "War On Drugs".
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:10 pm
GW, and that's my point. I don't refer to the curing or reforming of present addicts. That's THEIR business. But I do refer to the massive destruction and corruption the illegal drug industry and the war on drugs has befallen countries and their governments. We simply have to destroy the business just as we did when we ended Prohibition.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:26 pm
I am from a home of the homeless (Venice, CA), often enough on my own set of blocks. I am generally sympathetic, but have been variously messed up myself re finances. I know that sounds like yuppie wail, but, that's true.

(My husband didn't earn much for years, many years, off and on, as he wrote scripts and scripts, and we were always stretched. Or, more specifically, I was. Sometime later, he earned more.)

We did give to Marie. She was/is an older black woman who did apparently have some kind of shelter. She asked for a quarter, and we gave her a quarter, always.

Before anyone posts on how rich Venice is, watch my brain spurl.
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 06:22 pm
not being god
I was recently approached by 2 men who were panhandling outside the dollar store. I'm pulmonaryily challenged. They asked me if they could help me with my purchases, which I declined. Then with explanations of how they were looking for a job etc, I realized they were asking for a donation.

I have no income. If Social Security doesn't come through for me I will eventually be under the bridge with them, so I gave them 3 dollars. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what they did with the money or how many others they hit up for cash.

Keep in mind, "There but for fortune go you or I". I know I would have hit up the next few until I had enough for cigarettes and beer. Hey, even bums gotta eat!
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 06:22 pm
not being god
I was recently approached by 2 men who were panhandling outside the dollar store. I'm pulmonaryily challenged. They asked me if they could help me with my purchases, which I declined. Then with explanations of how they were looking for a job etc, I realized they were asking for a donation.

I have no income. If Social Security doesn't come through for me I will eventually be under the bridge with them, so I gave them 3 dollars. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass what they did with the money or how many others they hit up for cash.

Keep in mind, "There but for fortune go you or I". I know I would have hit up the next few until I had enough for cigarettes and beer. Hey, even bums gotta eat!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 04:55:54