So what is it you're talking about?

Chai

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 12:54 pm
BPB's thread on how to properly make a request of the band got me thinking.

Part of his vent (and might I say a particulary funny and true one) was about how when a musician goes over to someone trying to scream something to them, the drunk will grab hold of their head, not letting go.

I've seen this, and sometimes it goes on quite some time.

What, for anyone who has done this, are you saying to the muscian all this time?

It's the same thing after class ends, like in college. Suddenly there's 3 or 4 people having extended conversations with the prof. What are they talking about?

In my academic time, when the class was over, there wasn't anything to say to the teacher. If I didn't get the name of the chapter we were supposed to read, I asked the person next to me. If I wasn't to discuss something, I already said it in class.

What about on those game shows where contestants are given the opportunity to confer with one another? They'll go back and forth about 8 times, ernestly whispering in each others ears....then finally one of them will lean into the microphone and say....We think the answer is......giraffe.
I'd love to know what was being said that led up to that decision.

Everybody just shut up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 597 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:33 pm
[queue in the Twilight Zone music.....]

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:52 pm
http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 07:22 am
See!

Ya'll are just talkin' about **** and I don't know what's going on.

Wait. You're talking about me, aren't you.

Good idea shewolf, I'll go get my tinfoil hat.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 07:27 am
Eshay isay EEllErAY UCkfayed Upaye
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:35 pm
farmerman wrote:
Eshay isay EEllErAY UCkfayed Upaye

And stop speaking French!

I uh, know French and stuff.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:55 pm
Since you asked, here's what was said by the bar patron and the musician:
"Hey, can you play 'Windy'"?
"No, we're not here Wednesday. The band is here Thursday."
"I don't care if they're thirsty. I'm not buying the band drinks."
"Well if you think the band stinks, why'nt you leave."
"I'm not whining. Why would you say that?"
"Why would I play what?"
"No, I don't want you to play "War", I want you to play "Windy."
...and so on...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 04:50 pm
Yeah George, I guess I could see that.

Of course, if the band would just leave a tablet of paper and a roller ball pen on the corner of the stage, this situation could be avoided altogether.

Seriously though, in college for instance, I can remember just one time I approached the instructor, during a break. Not to say there wasn't another time, just can't recall.

I'm sure I mentione this story before here. About 12 or 15 years after I grduated, I went back to take some classes. So, I'm in my late 30's.

This one prof. used to go off on a tangent sometimes about Native Americans, and how the White Man killed off "his people"....lemme tell ya....this guys NA ancestary was at least 5 generations back. The rest of his kin were all bog hoppers.

He'd gone off yet again one night about how "Your" people killed "My" people. He was an intelligent man, taught well, but I'd had it with that crap. No one else ever called him on it, even though the rest of the class was a mix of White, Hispanic, Black and who knows what else.

Soooo... during the break, after the ususal suspect finally left from around his desk, I told him what he said was insulting, since when "his" people where being killed, "my" people didn't even know "his" people existed, and that anyway, I didn't feel his small % of NA blood qualified him to condemn the rest of his own blood. His people killed his people, not mine.

Aside, that's the same reason I feel no guilt over slavery in the US's past. I know for a 100% fact my grandmother absolutely did not know Black people existed before she came to this country. I am not connected to anything that occured in the U.S. before my grandparents passed through Ellis Island during the late 1910's.

As far as class material and writings, I did my business, maintained a 4.0 and fortunately avoided thinking anyone that was teaching me was breathing rarer air.

Not saying I didn't have a lot of respect for many of the teachers I've had over the years, just don't feel the need or desire to chat them up.

I think I did hang around trying to hear what some of those conversations were, but, damned if I could put anything together.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 04:56 pm
I don't care about all that, Chai. I just want to know what the hell you said to Wilso to piss him off in such a manner.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:11 pm
Wow, I had to go back and look...

Seems that I gave the opinion that was he said was silly.

The actual post with his reply to me has been deleted I see.

All the more reason to hold that signature line dear, to remember his sweet words to me that magical night.

Silly Wilso
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:38 pm
You do enjoy your confrontations.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:47 pm
It's all I have.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:36 am
Chai wrote:
It's all I have.

No, there are some of us who check out everything you have to say. :wink: Laughing

"What would Chai do?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:38 am
Chai wrote:
It's all I have.

No, there are some of us who check out everything you have to say. :wink: Laughing

"What would Chai do?"
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 05:04 pm
Chai wrote:

The actual post with his reply to me has been deleted I see.

Oh, I was wondering about that! I was so curious after I noticed your sig line that I went and read Wilso's posts for that date, and I didn't see anything like that anywhere--I started thinking maybe he'd sent you, like, the world's nastiest pm or something... Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So what is it you're talking about?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 10:05:52