You know you miss it...

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:27 am
I am sending this post to all the areas of the forums that relate to the following:

(in this case, the questions I have for you relates to your knowledge of researching a specific question).

Are you the type of person who gets excited when your teacher passes out research papers as homework assignments, even though everyone around you groans? If you graduated, or haven't yet but thought about what your future would be like, do you miss school and wished you were back there right now? Then you my friend are the perfect candidate for me. I am looking for someone who is interested in doing a small amount of research on topics ranging from costumes to dialects. The reason I ask for your help is there is a long list of questions that require a small amount (1 or 2 paragraphs) of research to be done to answer them. The list is too long for me to do alone in a reasonable amount of time so I am asking for you to allow me to "gift" you with a question. You may answer as many as you like if you wish to.

The research is actually for a screenplay. Your answers will help tell the story of a young girl's world as accurately and true to life as you think it should be. You will be helping to dertermine what happends to this girl in the world she lives in.

Those of you who wish to help, I will respond and give you a question from the list to help answer. The questions are short and specific so the research should take you no time at all. Please let me know if you are interested.

Kat
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 3
No top replies

TTH

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 11:13 pm
Are you willing to post a few of these research questions so I (we) can see what kind of questions they are?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:54 am
I sure am! Here are the list of research questions I need to answer. There are twelve of them but they aren't too hard and they pretty much all have something to do with one another. Sorry for the repetitiveness of where and when in each question.

1. I am looking for the name of a small farm town/village just two or so miles from Dublin, Ireland. The farm town needs to be poor, preferably poor enough for there to be farm animals running loose about the place. What would a poor farm town/village near Dublin, Ireland look like in 1973?

2. What social, political, or economical events were going on in Ireland in 1973?

3. I need to know what the people, both the wealthy and poor classes, would be wearing in or near Dublin, Ireland in 1973.

4. I need to know what a family of three (a mother and a father in their thirties and a girl of 16) would be wearing in Dublin, Ireland in 1973 if their clothes and everything they own they have owned since the 1960's. What would those clothes look like now ten years later?

5. What were the popular drugs (narcotics, not perscription) used in Dublin, Ireland in 1973? What brand names and types of alcohol would you see people drinking back then (beer, wine, and liquor).

6. What were the slang terms used in Dublin, Ireland in 1973. How did people talk then?

7. What were the laws on child abuse (non sexual) in Dublin, Ireland in 1973? How strict were the laws? Was it a common thing for a father to beat his wife and daughter if they lived in a very poor town on the outskirts of a large city in Ireland? Did most men get away with beating their wives and children back then?

8. What did a playground look like in Dublin, Ireland in 1973? Did they have jungle gyms or swing sets?

9. What were kids wearing in Dublin, Ireland in 1973 if they were in High School? What would the teachers be wearing? What would the school look like? What would the classrooms look like? What were the afterschool on campus activities the kids participated in (i.e. Rugby)?

10. What would the working conditions be like for a girl of 16 working as a waitress at a small cafe inside a largely populated city of Dublin, Ireland in 1973?

11. In what ways could an 18 year old girl from Dublin, Ireland in 1975 be able to smuggle herself out of the country to America with only around $5,000 in cash to her name? How could she sneak her way into America and avoid getting a green card?

12. What would working conditions be like for a girl of 18 in New York in 1975 who was just smuggled into America by boat from Dublin, Ireland? What if she has no green card and is here illegally and was hired on as cheap labor as a waitress in a cafe?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:22 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You know you miss it...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:44:02