MAPLELEAF RECOVERING FROM HEART SURGERY

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:45 pm
we can rebuild him.... we can make him better....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 12:16 am
Good grief Maple.

Stay well!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 07:05 am
Well, any births, deaths, weddings or adventures during during my extended leave?

Thank goodness, we are close to another Presidential election. From my home in the NW corner of Georgia, USA, American life the last 7 years has been so surreal...Frankly, I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers...besides that, my butt hurts...a bad, bad combination.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 07:00 pm
Plenty, see: http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109163
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 07:27 pm
Mapleleaf, Thank goodness you're on the road to recovery. It's good to see you posting again. You really need to stop spending your Januaries this way, though.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 07:54 pm

Jespah, just what I needed to get caught up...neat, neat, neat Surprised
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:08 am
I officially am healed in 5 days...then two months of doing exercises, plus, I get to lift objects that are up to 20 lbs. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD HEART SURGERY?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:51 am
My husband has had heart surgery and I'm happy to hear you are back to getting back. His surgery has kept him around for about 8 years more than we could have originally expected (if we realized how badly clogged his arteries were) so we figure every day is a gift and I watch him like a hawk. Wouldn't be the same without my mr.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 07:57 am
Mapleleaf--

I'm married to a bypass patient. The heart heals quickly--it is the poor, abused sternum that takes time to knit.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:31 am
glitterbag my Mrs. is like you...presently, I am King in my home. I haven't been touched in so places (cleaning) since I was a young impatient fellow...we are both worried about one another, but, thank goodness fine reason to laugh everyday...It's hard to convince some people that this has been a good experience...but the hospital staff were very effective...I've a lot about who I am ,body wise and emotionally.

Noddy, my body has healed quickly...my strong legs and lower torso have been very helpful.

Thanx for responding...it is a gesture I appreciate.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 06:42 am
Mapleleaf--

Thanks for the kind words. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 06:52 am
Mapleleaf wrote:
I officially am healed in 5 days...then two months of doing exercises, plus, I get to lift objects that are up to 20 lbs. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE HAD HEART SURGERY?

Hi Mapleleaf Smile

My mom had a triple bypass a few years back - and a thingy valve replacement (don't know the technical term)- it gave her a new lease of life.

It was very unexpected when she needed it - but, other than having a leg that looks like she has a zipper from heel to top of leg - she had an amazing recovery. Took her a while to get her energy levels back - but she's firing on all cylinders these days.

Know the "sore" bum feeling from lying around Exclamation

Hope you have a speedy recovery and that you will up and about very soon.

Wishing you well. Take good care.

Izzie Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 09:08 pm
Izzie,

They have a new techique for getting the vein from the leg....no more zipper...just some small cuts at the top and bottom of the leg part. However, after they cut the nerves...the side of the leg is still numb.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.24 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:15:22