Fresh limes
Gin
Cognac
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 03:30 pm
The fragrance of Eucalyptus trees, memories of California
The Ocean or the gulf.
The smell of the rodeo and cowboys, ee haw.
The air in the Rockies, high, above timber line and in Colorado.
The aroma of fresh sliced peaches in cream.
The smell of the high desert, Arizona, New Mexico, and California.
The way sheets that have dried out doors smell the first night you sleep on them.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:39 pm
Craven -- nail polish???? You're kidding, right? How about the remover -- that's even better.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:44 pm
I just love freesia for a all encompasing scent...recently found out its one of the scents included in my favorite perfume, now I know why I like it so very much.
I really like gasoline too.
Favorite smells would be cinnamon & butter, fireplaces/wood stoves, fresh clean scents like sea or spring types are very refreshing, also citrus blends.
Not big on flowery scents, minus the whole love of freesia of course.
Like more soft and crisp smells.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:46 pm
I like the remover too bandy. I also like the smell of turpentine and oil paints. All in small doses of course. Few scents are appealing to me in prolonged periods (vanilla is one!).

I like a great deal of smells in some way. There are only a few I don't like e.g. fish, burning hair...
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:59 pm
Pine Trees

Spring Mountain Air

Bob Makie Perfume

Puppies and Kittens

Freshly mowed lawn

Italian Seasoning Spices

Rosemarie Hedges

Botanical Potpourri

Horses

Saddles

Alfalfa Hay
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:02 pm
Craven, your list is beginning to look like the list the send home to parents alerting them to 'cheap highs' the kids use. Glad, at least, you don't sniff the turpentine too long.

Vanilla is a terrific smell -- but don't ever taste it. Very disappointing.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:04 pm
Must add to my list:

Bread Baking
Tea Tree Shampoo
Homemade Chicken Soup
White Truffle Oil
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:26 pm
Bandy.

I like those because they are acrid. I dislike foul but don't mind small doses of acrid. I've never had any interest in inhalants and have loved thopse smells since I was a child. The high isn't worth the risks with inhalants.

Re: vanilla. I know about the taste but can't help trying it to see if it ever manages to live up to its smell. When I was making Jerry's pancake recipie I had to try a fignger of vanilla. It's not a bad taste but it's a big disapointment.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:19 pm
onion sauteeing in butter
garlic sauteeing in olive oil
rosemary, bay leaf, coriander seed powder
freshly ground coffee
my dog's and cat's paws and ears

amber oil
rose oil
vanilla bean
laveder

WD-40
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
ooooh, after a little reading must add more:

forest
lover's neck
beach
autumn leaf litter in new england
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:25 pm
Yay!

[size=7]k[/size] likes wd-40 tis one of my "acrid" cousins!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:27 pm
Isn't it lovely. If I thought it wasn't a little toxic, I might wear it as parfume.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:31 pm
Toxic? That never stopped me.

I like garlic too. I use to wear garlic juice to ward off mosquitoes. I stopped that practice around puberty (when my interest in the femfolk that I was repelling blossomed).
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:58 pm
hot buttered popcorn

a freshly cleaned house (ok, I'm weird)
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 08:59 pm
Gee, and I thought the purpose for cleaning the house was to keep it from smelling. Silly me.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 09:03 pm
Interesting how many of you come up with the smells of food (and then get hungry! LOL!). I love all those smells, too -- liver and onions cooking, garlic sizzling in a skillet, etc. But, somehow, those smells never come to my mind when someone asks about favorite odors. Taste and smell are so closely linked thjat when I think of all those nice kitchen smells, I think more of what the food will taste like than I do of the odors themselves.

Most of my favorite smells are all outdoorsy. Somebody mentioned horses and rodeos. I love the smell of a stable. The combination of horse sweat, horse manure and hay and leather tack is intoxicating.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 01:47 am
Okay. I have to add movie popcorn to my list of favorite smells. I'd forgotten about it until I went to see Harry Potter yesterday, and it drove me nuts! (Can't eat it because of allergies, but still love the smell!)

Phoenix...
That's funny about the Shalimar. I think the smell of it is intoxicating, and I've worn it for years. I love it!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 02:07 am
Girls' hair just out of the shower ... especially my girlfriend's for some strange reason. :wink:
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:25 am
Movie pop corn is way up there on my list of "Worst smells ever".It´s damn noisy too and can destroy my cinema visit.I DESPISE it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Favorite Scents
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:55:24