sub-prime and the media

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:18 am
6 months ago "sub-prime" didn't exist in our vocabulary and now every media "economist" is an expert. Likewise with the "housing problem." Does it occur that the sub-prime loans only account for 1% of housing financing and some geographical areas became over-build/over-priced?
Yes indeed there are some indicators of an economic slump such as rising unemployment stats but, we even have people on a2k talking about our "current" recession" when there is no more than the possibility of a future recession of which I can only find a few economists that think we are heading there.
What we do have is a slow-down in the rate of increase of the GDP; we also have a media interest in hyping; be it the war in Iraq; the WAR between Hillary and O'bama; climate change and the foreign debt we owe to China.
All the above are real issues but just how real are they? I don't know and I'm sure the majority of US citizens don't know either because we really don't get factual information from our media to make good judgements.
I shall spend the rest of my day planning this springs garden.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 217 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 07:12 am
As always, Dys, your thoughts are as crystal clear.

Joe(hmmm. garden. Flowers, food or both?)Nation
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:53 am
right, this is one of those 'walks like a duck' recessions. They need something to talk about.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » sub-prime and the media
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 10:28:44