anybody doing philosophy at uni?

rockpie

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:04 am
i'm going to university next year and was wondering if anyone has any advice, or opinion, on taking philosophy.

also, i have been advised to take another 2/3 subjects during the first year, which ones suite well with philosophy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 437 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:59 am
Literature, physics and political science.

History is no bad idea, either.

Of course you need a smattering of the visual arts and a good geography course would ground you in this world.

Remember, Philosophy Majors need something besides their own intricate problems to be philosophical about.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 06:32 pm
My undergraduate degree is in Philosophy but I came to it late in my college career so I had already taken things like Calc III and for my last two years most of my classes were in Philo.

One area, if you like Plato and the Greeks and really want to study them, may be to take some Classical Civ. I agree with Noddy that you want a well-rounded education. It may seem weird to you to have Botany suggested to you, but you may find at times that there are waaaay too many papers and readings in your life.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » anybody doing philosophy at uni?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 11:02:50