Can you say "Overwhelmed"?

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 04:23 pm
Go, Mame! Go!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 04:40 pm
Mame,

Perhaps you should consider what I like to call the 'jackass principle'.

A long time ago when I was in flight training and making my first night carrier landing it came to me. They loaded us abord the carrier and then on an utterly dark and moonless night we were called to the flight deck to man our aircraft, start up, and be catapulted into the inky black night. I was filled with dread and nutty hopes that the aircraft would break or that they would forget to taxi me out to the catapult, but none of it happened -and there I was approaching the catapult.. I looked over to the port side and watched my friend Clint Johnson in his aircraft launch from the port cat - he made it. I decided then and there that if that jackass Clint could do it so could I.

I have used the principle many times since then.

My impression of you is that you will very likely create a lot of unnecessary anxiety, but that it will propel you to do much better than the average.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:24 am
Mame wrote:

when I've done my exam. Jan 20 or 21. sigh.

When will you have the results, Mame?

Rooting for ya.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:45 am
Hello... georgeob1kanobe: yes, you are right, as usual. I did create unnecessary anxiety but that works for me Smile I do, however, need to do something different in future because it almost killed me.

Roberta, yes!! I passed both the written and the practicals (the latter this morning) and I went to a conference this aft for 2 hours and was besieged with job offers, so I am one happy camper.

I'm too exhausted to go into more detail (and so drained from this exam) but will tell you more tomorrow.

Cheers.

Mame
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:51 am
Well done mame!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:58 am
Brava, kid.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:37 am
Mame wrote:
Hello... georgeob1kanobe: yes, you are right, as usual. I did create unnecessary anxiety but that works for me Smile I do, however, need to do something different in future because it almost killed me.

Roberta, yes!! I passed both the written and the practicals (the latter this morning) and I went to a conference this aft for 2 hours and was besieged with job offers, so I am one happy camper.

I'm too exhausted to go into more detail (and so drained from this exam) but will tell you more tomorrow.

Cheers.

Mame

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/6/6d/Snoopy_happy_dance.jpg/180px-Snoopy_happy_dance.jpghttp://wintersown.org/wseo1/Dual_Purposes/IMAG000.JPGhttp://www.ohiobassfederationnation.com/youth/buckeye_lake/buckeye_lake/animated_dance.gif
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 09:39 am
That's great, Mame! Congratulations!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:59 am
Thank you!

I am working with a woman who supplies camp personnel and medical trucks and equipment who's getting me a job in a remote camp doing first aid and logistical work (arranging flights, ordering food, etc) way up in the north, so I'm handing out her cards instead of mine at this conference. I probably only spoke with 20 companies about her services yesterday but she's now got work up the ying-yang. Everybody needs a cook, a first-aider, and since the WorksafeBC people have gotten so tough, they have to toe the line.

I also agreed to cook for a 12 man crew from the end of Feb for a month or maybe more in Northern BC. They will have internet, too Smile

Off for brunch now, so more later.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:32 pm
Mame wrote:

Cheers.

Mame

Well, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger! (Next perhaps you can take on the funny way you pronounce certain vowels !)

It really has been my experience that nothing meaningful in life, either for individuals or groups (squadrons, ships, or corporations) is accomplished without a little constructive anxiety. I think you have demonstrated that principle.

Congratulations on your success!! You earned it !! I'm happy for you. (Perhaps you'll even let me buy you lunch someday !
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:38 pm
Oh, Mame, that is terrific. I'm very happy for you and looking forward to hearing your adventures.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 01:01 pm
You go girl!

(doing cartwheels for ya here.... Which is weird. I've never been able to do cartwheels before.)

Take time to be all happy with yourself.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:58 pm
Mame--

Wonderful.

Come howl tonight.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 03:11 pm
Oh Mame, I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! All that hard work paid off and now we get to watch you spread your wings.

Congrats and I'm very proud of you :-D

<Helping Squinney with her cartwheels, if she can help me after>
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 03:33 pm
ha ha ha you guys are funny

Will keep you posted on the goings-on.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 03:38 pm
<Huge smile> Very Happy
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:08 pm
Yaaaay, Mame! http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7906/bandbm4.gif
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:46 pm
Yeah, Stray Cat - let's all party, ladies, and howl at the moon tonight Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 10:45 pm
OWwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<clink>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 10:57 pm
Oh, I just found this thread. Yes, Mame, congratulations!!

There was no doubt in my mind, that you can master anything.
The "little" ones are always driven and will succeed Very Happy

I hope the job is everything you have wanted it to be, and you'll
get paid royally too!

.....and I would take georgeob's invitation to lunch, Mame, and then
nail him to the wall! Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:24:50