im kind of scared

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:36 pm
im really kind of scared.....ive been living at an rtc in co for almost 3 months and they think im ready to leave. im really excited and all....but im really afraid that im going to relapse and get back into old habits. yea i regret ever having started those habits because im only 15.....but since i have....i cant go back and change it.....im so scared.....i cant stay any longer because this place costs $9000 a month....no joke....the state is paying for me to be there......but they dont want to pay for me to stay any longer if they dont think i need to be there and im not going to act out because thats not what im there for....im just getting help for my drug problems.....so it would be pointless.....i mean....sooner or later i know that i have to face it......but im not sure i know where to start.....im afraid that i wont be able to resist....can anyone help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 697 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:45 pm
Do you want to resist?

And are you ready to face growing up?

RH
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:48 pm
I assume you will have the support of some kind of councillor or support group.

If not, seek out referals to support groups in your area.

It is way too hard for advice to be given to you over the internet as that advice needs to be taylored to your specific past situation, present and future needs.

Good luck.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:52 pm
Quote:
im really kind of scared.....ive been living at an rtc in co for almost 3 months and they think im ready to leave. im really excited and all....but im really afraid that im going to relapse and get back into old habits. yea i regret ever having started those habits because im only 15.....but since i have....i cant go back and change it.....im so scared.....i cant stay any longer because this place costs $9000 a month....no joke....the state is paying for me to be there......but they dont want to pay for me to stay any longer if they dont think i need to be there and im not going to act out because thats not what im there for....im just getting help for my drug problems.....so it would be pointless.....i mean....sooner or later i know that i have to face it......but im not sure i know where to start.....im afraid that i wont be able to resist....can anyone help me?

The first step I think it is to realize how much you've accomplished by being in the program.

Then take a good look at who you are now, versus who you were when you entered into it. Your'e different aren't you? Make a commitment to yourself that you will stay clean and sober, and try to stay committed to it.

And by all means, find a support group as Dadpad suggested...it can make a world of difference, because if nothing changes, then nothing changes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:55 pm
You have a written history here on a2k, bbchic... and it could be useful, a start for moving on, to review it with a counsellor. Whatever you said and we said, neither you nor us perfect, your counsellor might find patterns, or ways to help you.

I wish you self learning and self appreciation, and hope you can love yourself. I admire your spunk. Keep going,

Osso
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:58 pm
I agree with Osso....

Asking us for help is a step in the right direction.....it shows you are concerned with your welfare and future.

Good Luck Chic........
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 12:05 am
I might have been snarky to you at some point, bbchic, I'm not sure. Maybe more than once. A way to deal with various comments, from here.

We'll be tough on you, but care you're ok.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 07:59 am
Forewarned is forearmed.

You know what temptation looks like--up close and personal. You've spent three months being reminded what sobriety looks like. You have the sense to know that staying clean will not necessarily be automatic.

You're on your way.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » im kind of scared
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 01:38:06