Fashion be DAMNED! I'm not giving up my...

TTH

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 11:38 am
shewolfnm wrote:
my home made cut off shorts.

Once summer hits, I sit down with a pair of scissors and I make a new pair of cut offs from one pair of jeans.

I dont fold the bottom... I just let it fray

Love em!
Screw what anyone else says.. Smile
My niece had a pair like that this last summer. I knew she bought them that way and didn't make them so I asked her what she paid for those and she said around $80.00.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
i'm not giving up my stanfields aka LONGJOHNS Laughing
about dec 1 they come out of the cedar chest together with some other winter clothes - including fur hat - and they are around until about the end of march .
mighty comfortable - though not fashionable Shocked :wink:
they come in two colours : grey and white - red ones are also available but they are more for the ladies .
hbg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:20 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
my home made cut off shorts.

Once summer hits, I sit down with a pair of scissors and I make a new pair of cut offs from one pair of jeans.

I dont fold the bottom... I just let it fray

Love em!
Screw what anyone else says.. Smile

Me too! We call them Daisy Dukes though my tail doesn't hang out of mine!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:45 am
I will never ever ever cut my hair short of my own volition. When I was young my mom had it cut every August so my earlobes showed, with straight bangs. When I was 12 (Beatlemania!) she said, "Are you coming to your cousin's to get your hair cut?" I said no and that's the last haircut I've had.

I may try to learn to pin it up without looking like a full moon, but no short cuts, no bangs, no layers, no nothing. A trim twice a year or so... I wish it would get longer!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:49 am
Fashion be DAMNED! I'm not giving up my alloted bathroom break.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 02:01 am
My Birkenstocks in summer.
Have worn them since they were popular travellers' footwear, then considred uncool & clunky, then fashionable & now decidely unfashionable. I'll still be wearing them when they're the next big thing (again!) My feet love them! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 02:02 am
I still have ever leather jacket I ever bought and may eventually need a closet just for them.

I've got the black suede fringe one too Arella :-D And my first leather jacket, which is still like new and surprisingly still fits.

Bellbottoms I will never give up and my long hair. I just don't like short hair on me and it keeps my neck warm during these long winters :-D

I still have a stuffed animal from when I was around 4 years old and his name is Big Doggy.

I've never let go of any of my silver or gold either.

I think that's about it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 06:57 am
my black leather thong, or my "Free Mustache rides" t-shirt.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:24 am
My eyeglasses with the round, extra large wire frames and two-toned pink and blue tinted lenses; even if the prescription is so old I can barely see anything. Some days I just feel like wearing them because those big, lightly tinted lenses are so pretty.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:26 am
Butrflynet wrote:
My eyeglasses with the round, extra large wire frames and two-toned pink and blue tinted lenses; even if the prescription is so old I can barely see anything. Some days I just feel like wearing them because those big, lightly tinted lenses are so pretty.

Butrfly, you can get those old lens upgraded to your current prescription. A few years back they started making eyeglass frames with an elongated oval instead of round, I hate the way the elongated looks on my face. I took in a pair of my perfectly good round wire frames, had them pop out the old lenses and put in my new prescription. I probably saved about $200 by reusing the old frames. I also had a pair of grandmother's old reading glasses redone as a spare.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 07:48 am
fashion be damned! I won't give up food!
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 09:15 am
Flannel and plaids. There will always be a place for them with me. Fashion be damned!

And there will not be a place for eggshell, neutral off-white, tan, EVER.

:wink:
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:39 am
I won't give up my stinky rocket dog slippers
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm
i won't give up my fur-lined boots yet . had a couple of inches of snow overnight and we put our winter boots on before going for a walk along lake ontario .
temperature will be falling throughout the week - so fur-lined boots it is !
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:16 pm
Screaming yellow faux crocs.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
My diamond ring that I bought when I was nine years old.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 05:46 pm
My glasses!!!
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:34 am
fashion be damned! I'm not giving up my union suit with the back flap
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:08 pm
One word:

PONCHOS
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:27 pm
My teal blue blanket pants. They are fleece but I call them blanket pants....clunky looking but warm in this cold damp climate.

My hiking boots that are usually encrusted with mud, but they're comfortable.

My short shorts (but hubby likes them)

and of course, my real sexy (not) flannel nightwear!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 06:45:55